Pulling smoke into mouth or directly inhaling?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Jimmylenaze, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Hi guys. So I'm not sure if I correctly inhale the weed smoke. While I'm lighting and hitting the bowl, am I supposed to pull the smoke in my mouse and then inhale everything when I release the carb hole or should I light/hit the bowl and directly try to continuously inhale in my lungs? As I noticed while hitting BONGS, there are two parts the first one being lighting and hitting to fill the bong with smoke and the second one is removing the bowl and inhaling all the smoke in my lungs. So does it work like the bong or should I inhale all the way? I'm pretty confused thank you for your help have a nice day

2. Usually the steps go as follows
    Step 1: Hold lighter to packed pipe
    Step 2: Pull smoke into mouth
    Step 3: Let carb go to clear bowl
    Step 4: While smoke is in the mouth inhale a deep breath

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Yeah that's what I thought, thank you for your answer. By the way is it better to inhale a deep breath while my mouth is still on the pipe or when my mouth is away? Or it just doesn't matter?

4. you can skip step 4.

I haven't seen anyone do that in decades. And they must of packed small cones to have extra lung capacity to keep breathing in

5. when i hit a piece i pull straight to my lungs. bigger hits

6. I take small pulls into the mouth then a larger inhale once its there.
    I stopped taking large pulls. Too much weed for me, I prefer a 50% weed 50% air inhale.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I fill my mouth with smoke, and then inhale deeply. I'm a sissy and have almost choked on a puff of thick, grey smoke. Felt like I was gonna die, throat hurt the entire time while high, kept coughing, felt like my throat was full of phlegm, etc. I mean I see youtube vids of people breathing in directly from the pipe, and then I see them coughing their lungs out looking like they're gonna die.
    Sure, bigger hits, but not very pleasant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Breathe in, breathe out

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. They are probably smoking bought non cured smoke. Crap in other words.

10. Be a man and pull it straight into your lungs.
    I grew up with a smoker and run marathons so my lungs can take anything really.

11. Lol it's not about being a man or not, my goal is to pull all the smoke in my lungs I just wanted to know the best way to do it. When I hit a joint or a bong I pull the smoke into my mouth and then I inhale it all at once into my lungs.

12. you should not have smoke hanging around in the mouth, especially if you mix with tobacco. Mouth cancer.

To be honest I'm not sure how you even do what your doing..when you breath in you do it in one go not in 2 stages. How old are you?

Just have smaller hits if you struggle with coughing and of cause make sure your pot is properly cured.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I've always pulled smoke into my mouth then inhaled when smoking cigs. Anything weed related I just inhale, unless I wanna play with the smoke. You are overthinking your goal of getting smoke from your mouth to your lungs, just open your mouth a little and take a quick inhale of some air after taking a hit :)

When I take a big bong hit and have like no lung capacity left after clearing it, i'll take in as many little sips of air as I can to get all that smoke jammed into me lol