Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pulled over in WA state...

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by JCrohn, Feb 26, 2009.

1. If i get pulled over in washington state, have marijuana on me...what should i do?

Act normal and refuse consent to search if asked?

or

Straight up tell the officer that you are a legitimate medical marijuana patient and have marijuana in the vehicle? (Obviously not being intoxicated while saying it)

2. Act normal and refuse consent to search if asked

Cops are not your friend. If busted, refusing consent could help your legal battle.

3. that's what i thought, i know for a fact not to trust the pigs.

Plus, how do i know he wont want to take it for "evidence" until further notice.

4. #4 purplemadness, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    :bolt:Dude my friend got pulled over in his RV..cop smelt weed asked to search the RV found a 1/2 smoked joint...My friend got a DWI on the spot..NO SHIT.. and it cost him $2000 in fines and court cost

They took him to the police station and wouldnt let him drive his RV for 6 hours..WTF

5. yeah, but i have a medicinal recommendation and i wouldn't have burning weed in my car :p

6. #6 purplemadness, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    I hear about people in california getting their weed confiscated by the police even though they have a MMJ card all the time.

If they dont ask I wouldnt be saying anything.

Remember cops got to get their weed somewhere.....so they take ours

7. No need to self-incriminate. Not that having the MMJ would be illegal, but I almost wonder if they'd try to do a field sobriety test. If for some strange reason you didn't pass, and you already told them you have MMJ in the car, they might try to say you are driving under the influence.

I'd be as careful as you had been pre-MMJ card, and know that you have the law on your side if it comes down to that. Don't drive high and I don't think you have a thing to worry about. :hello: