Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pulled over for looking high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by TylerAlfrejd, May 16, 2016.

1. I was driving home from a friends, sober with a clean smelling car when I got pulled over for slowing down at a green light and looking high while driving. I slowed down because the cop whipped out behind me. He searched my car and found some weed, gave me some sobriety tests. Then let me drive away giving me a possession charge. Can I fight in court that he had no right to pull me over?

2. You can try... but he did find weed in your car. I think they might side with him on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Did he issue a moving violation? It could have been an illegal stop. How did you look suspicious just for slowing down sounds like b.s. Contact an attorney immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kind of sucks that acting like the police are following you when the police are following you counts as suspicious.
    I know I tend to give cops more clearance than other cars and drive a bit slower around them- my thinking is they could hit the sirens at any second and I dont want to be in a position of blocking them in which iv seen other cars doing.

but unfortunately he probably just needs to say he had reasonable suspicions, and the fact he found some will justify that to his people.

5. Why did you let him search? Did he say he smelled something? Otherwise he had no reasonable suspicion to do so and some sort of moving violation must have been made. Suspicion of intoxicated driving does not equal search my car, only the field tests to determine if you are. That's if you agree to do them. You must have proved enough for him that you were sober, right? Call a lawyer.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Given he found something you can guarantee he'll claim after the fact to have smelt it whether he did or not, whether he told you he did or not.

7. The biggest problem here is that you consented to a search of your vehicle.

• Like Like x 1
  8. We used to get away with it all the time by saying its a random spot check……..yes I was the law

9. Does it make you sick now to think about it? I would.

10. Judging by username I think not

11. giphy.gif

12. I would talk to a lawyer. Usually a 30 - 60 minute consult doesn't cost anything.
    I don't believe he had proper cause for a traffic stop. He was profiling.

Did you actually give him consent to search or did he just state he was going to search?
    :smoke:

13. No man I was an awesome Officer….I policed on a Native Reserve where I live. Having grown up in a good home and being harassed by the law latter in my teens made me realize there are good people out there that are just doing their thing and sum times they get into trouble, But that dent define who these people are all the time…..and as a result the people I knew who should get brakes got brakes, repeat abusers got the law…..Example there was an assault call I went and this good kid was in a bad situation, events occurred and the guy kicked his victim in the leg over a slice of pizza…….I wrote the report in such a way that the judge threw it out the boy now is a success with no record……….Weed. Mj was always looked the other way, We wanted them stoned not drunk waaaay easier to deal with most were even helpful

• Like Like x 1
  14. I bet most cops think they are "amazing officers",

• Like Like x 1
  15. "Why did you pull me over? Okay, are you going to issue me a citation? No, I do NOT consent to any search. Am I being detained, or am I free to go? Good day."

• Like Like x 1