pulled over by undercover and reg cop, extremely lucky

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ddabull88, Mar 8, 2011.

1. May be a little long, but its a good story.

So over this weekend, I had a bit of a scare with the cops that involved picking up some bud. I met this dude with great bud through a friend of mine, friend named "F" and dealer named "G." The only problem I ran into buying from this guy was that he wasn't willing to give his number out to too many people, which is understandable where I'm from. So any time I wanted some off this dude I had to get F to meet up with me and get it through him since he had G's number and was cool with him. So me and my buddies were buying off G for about 6 months, no problems at all. This past friday night, I wanted to grab some off this guy so I had to wait for F to get off work so I could meet him at G's and give him the money to get it. I pull up to the guys house, which is a pretty shady area in an overall decent town, not a city or anything. F gets out of his car an walks over to me an takes my money and walks to G's house to make the deal. As I'm waiting, a car is coming towards from the other side of the street and was creeping, and I could tell it was a big body ford crown vic just from the lights.

He drives a little past me, then backs up right next to me so I couldn't move. He signals for me to roll down the window and I notice its unmarked car. So I could have flipped this tool off and just sat in my car cause I hadn't done anything illegal yet, just gave my buddy some money. But I decide to not piss this guy off cause I figured he was undercover. He asks if I knew who lived on the street and I said no, I'm meeting my buddy here and were driving to a party(party was actualy true) So he drives down the street a little and I guess he pulled a u-turn. I call F real quick and tell him not to come back to my car and get outa here, and he says start driving. So I start driving, make a quick right and F is behind me (who by the way had a passenger and is from out of state) We both get back on the main road, and the undercover was not far behind. Next thing I know, F turned off so they wouldn't be able to get both of us and for some reason the undercover pulls me over as I kept going straight.

Asks me for my lisence and asks me to step out of my car(which was probably illegal but whatever I don't know the technicalities. He asks why my friend turned off and I said I don't know an the dick was like "thats a shitty thing he left u in the dust" and I was like whatever I don't know maybe he had to go home. So at this point a marked SUV pulls up in front of my car so theres two of them. The one asks me if I have anything illegal an all that bs. pats me down, makes me take my fucking shoes off, feels in my waist, in my socks, up my pant legs, I knew I had nothing an he was getting pissed. So the other cop looking in my car found a baggy an said "is this coke?" i say no and hes like don't fuck with me if theres anything else give it up now( i had my bowl stashed in the trunk) but they didn't ask to look in there cause they knew I didnt have time to put anything in there. So he goes on about the coke an I just said if anything its an old weed baggies and it just looked like coke and that I don't do that shit.

So at this point they talk to one another, and actually said "looks like we pulled over the wrong car." ahha I couldn't believe I was good, so he checks my record making sure theres no warrants out for me, hand back my lisence, and says "you and I both know what was going on, if we ever catch u around so and so town again u won't be as lucky and your buddy lucked out" and all this other bs, and just told me to leave, and they left the empty baggy on my front seat lol.

Sorry if that was long I just considered it a sign for me to tone down the blazing. They must have had G staked out for sometime and was waiting for someone to pick up from him and get them to give him up i guess? F and I are not going back there ever and F gave G a heads up so hopefully he stops pushing out of there. I am about to graduate from college and that would have been the last thing I needed, some bs possesion charge. Also I figured stopping for a while would help me save up some money. So I am taking a break definately until 420, and depending on if I even want to smoke anymore at that point I may be done forever but I hope that is not the case :smoke:

2. you just gave me another reason to start my tbreak today until 420.

3. I've had a run-in with an undercover before. I actually ended up running from him and nearly got away if it wasn't for some semi being parked in an urban neighborhood (wtf??). He ended up letting me go after we had a little chat, but boy it was INTENSE.

I realize that sounds like complete bs, but I can't reveal the details of said incident for a variety of reasons.

4. you need to learn your rights, college boy :smoke:

5. Wasn't like he started confessing to all sorts of crimes or anything and by the looks of it those cops were probably the type to get a k9 unit out there and hassle him even more if he asserted his rights, and that may have led to the discovery of the pipe which the now pissed off cops would have certainly arrested him for.

6. Please explain when they searched your feet. You were standing up and they made you take your shoes off...Then they made you take off your socks? or just felt inside? Did they feel or could they see the bottoms of your sucks, like if I were stepping on weed inside my sock?

Thanks man. Great story, btw

7. They're definenatly onto 'G'. Good thing your buddy told him a heads up cause he better stop dropping from his crib unless he wants his sack pinched Lol.

8. So after this is all done and over with, did your buddy 'F' have the ounce you were supposed to get and give it to ya?

9. This kind of post always cracks me up, undercover DT's can do whatever they want, they don't care if you consent or not lol (at least in NYC). They will rip your ass out of that car faster than you can say Johnnie Cochran.

10. sounds like he knew them just fine

11. The suspect was leaving a known drug dealing area. Probable cause established.

12. I don't think you need a warrant to search a car. Maybe you need one to search an establishment but not for a car. All you need is the cop to utter the words "I smelt marijuana"

Probable cause achieved.

13. Cops need reasonable suspicion to pull someone over. Reasonable suspicion can include a car leaving a known drug area. However reasonable suspicion can only allow officer to pull over car. Probable cause is needed for a search.

14. I think any outcome in which you dont go to jail is a good outcome. Well played.

15. Lol, looking in your sock is a strip search. Feel violated...

16. Smell is probable cause where I live.

17. for one, they can't make you take your shoes off, it is considered a strip search. also they cant be feelin in your waist, all they can do is a pat down to check for weapons. know your rights and assert them. but im glad ya got off man

18. Reasonable suspicion?

Probable cause is established when a person is in a known drug area and is exhibiting behavior that could lead the officer to suspect that said person is involved in an illegal activity

Probable cause -- A reasonable belief that a person has committed a crime. The test the court of appeals employs to determine whether probable cause existed for purposes of arrest is whether facts and circumstances within the officer's knowledge are sufficient to warrant a prudent person to believe a suspect has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime. U.S. v. Puerta, 982 F.2d 1297, 1300 (9th Cir. 1992). In terms of seizure of items, probable cause merely requires that the facts available to the officer warrants a "man of reasonable caution" to conclude that certain items may be contraband or stolen property or useful as evidence of a crime. U.S. v. Dunn, 946 F.2d 615, 619 (9th Cir. 1991), cert. Denied, 112 S. Ct. 401 (1992).

19. I sat down and took my shoes off, so it wasn't that bad. And yes, I got the tree after that, me and F met up at our buddy's house, only two grams so it wwouldn't have been that bad if it was found but luckily I got it from F later

20. a fuckin badge is all the probable cause they need.