Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Pulled Chest Muscle and getting high

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by MountainMan123, Jul 24, 2012.

1. So I pulled my left chest muscle and now every time I toke up, be it vape, bong, or rollin papers I get this painful and irritating feeling on the left side of my chest. Got it checked out by the doctors, no heart or lung problems, they all say its purely muscle related. So my question for you guys is, can a pulled muscle be aggravated by smoking or vaping pot? So far its not even worth smoking anymore because the pain is so unbearable so hoping its just a temporary problem and not permanent.

2. People underestimate how easy it is to annoy chest muscles and\or the tissue and muscle between your ribs.

There's a lot of people who go to the doctor thinking their heart is damaged while it simply turns out to be an annoyed muscle or other tissue between the ribs.

I don't see how smoking pot could make your pain any worse tbh because it doesn't directly affect the muscles. The only muscle it really affects directly is your heart.

3. According to doctors I suffered this my whole life since a child I had this issue. I still say its something else but meh, what are drs good for anyhow. Try adding some magnesium into your diet. It's an anti inflammatory just like THC so idk why it aggravates you. But try out the magnesium, it comes in a rub on hell also.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm assuming it hurts when you're taking a big inhale? I'd just take it easy for a few days. If it aggravates your injury to smoke, see it as a good time for a t-break.

This happened a few years back for me, felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest. I didn't smoke as much back then, but the doctors just prescribed me some naproxen (Aleve) and told me to take it easy for a while. Took probably a week and everything healed up, never had a problem since.

Try toking in a few days when you're feeling a little better and see how it goes.

5. I pulled a muscle in my chest a week or so, then didn't give it enough time to heal and re-pulled it this week. Whenever I use my bong I can definitely feel a little discomfort. Probably just because the lung expansion stretches it more than it is comfortable doing so.

6. This ;)

7. Yeah it kinda of sucks. I have seen multiple doctors and no clear answer until recently. I have had this injury for about 9 months now so I may never get to smoke again as the injury doesnt seem to being healing very quickly or efficiently. I've taken numerous amounts of anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers. They seem to help but can still feel the pain, just a lot better at dealing with it now because I have had it for so long. Guess all I can do at this point is hope some day.....

8. Hey,

i know this post is pretty old but ive literally experienced what u described word for word. Its been a little over a week now with this pain so i was wondering if this pain ever went away for you? Im like in desperate need of finding something that would help with this chest issue, the drs just say everything is fine and wont give me any medication but the pain is just constantly there which sucks!