pull the extra growth?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by NickW, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Should i pull out this little growth from the bottom for the plant? My leaves are sorta hard and starting to yellow a little i think. What could be going wrong with it? But the big yellow leaf was already there when i got it but it started to green more then it was. Anything i should do to help it out?

Attached Files:

2. Dont worry about that stuff at the base.......... but your plant looks sick. have you checked your ph?

3. the first time i watered the plants the water probably had a ph of 7.5 or so but since then i watered with the correct ph but idk if i should flush it? Not really sure how to flush it or if flushing it would just hurt it some more.

4. could anyone help out on anything i should start doing to try to fix it? Also what is the cheapest ph meter that works?

5. color-changing strips

6. your growing media looks horrific!!... that is whats probably killing your plant...

get some better soil

7. its kelloggs patio plus soil. Everything on here makes it sound like its okay to grow in

8. Kellogg Soil Products| Kellogg Garden Products

Doesnt give much info, does it have any fert in it ? Have you read any of the stickies in the beginners section ? and the ones in this section too

9. it has worm castings, kelp meal, bat guano, and chicken manure. It has some perlite in it to.When i transplant im going to add more perlite into the soil. The bag is pretty big and its only 5 bucks for a bag from lowes or home depot. When i transplant im going to add more perlite into the soil. Yeah i have read everything and filled up my favorites with good links. Been reading on here about every day for the last 3 weeks.