Puking

Discussion in 'General' started by persondudeguy, Feb 6, 2004.

?

Have you ever puked from smoking pot?

1. Yes, once

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, more than once

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, never

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Only once after I drank alot of alcohol, but I don't think that counts. :)

2. I only puked when i mixed about 7 shots of vodka with weed and a bag o' doritos.

3. Yeh. Another time I puked was off 4 fuzzy navels (Cranberry/Orange juice x Peach Schnappes, amazing.. try this) 5 shots of Jack Daniels, 3 smirnoff coolers, and 3 bowls of chronic shit shared with another person

I found it later that it was the peach schnappesthat made me turf..but fuck.. fuzzy navels are so good its worth it ;)

peace

4. Never...Have a friend that does every time though. Sucks hard

5. I did once we I was at this party and my buddy came up and said to me "Follow me to my van" so we went and chilled in his mom's Ford Windstar and he pulls out this huge double chamber glass bong and about 5g of weed so we start blazing and the next thing you know all the weed is gone, so he decided to head back to the party so as we were walking up the driveway (long ass driveway) I noticed that walking was getting progressivly harder and harder, so I asked him "Do you feel weird?" and he says "I feel sick" and then we both went in the ditch and threw up.

The next day he went to go see the dealer about the wees (In this case the dealer is the grower, and his friend.) and he said "yeah, it was male plants, I didn't want to sell it but the hells angels told me to spray it with bug spray and sell it anyways." He didn't mean to give us that shit, and to make up for it he gave us an oz of the best stuff he had. we smoked that and got ripped.

6. never ...seen it happen before but just because of llittle kids taking bong rips of 3" spoons without screens and swallowing all the ash.....

7. Yeah just once off weed..could still see the rice that i had earlier.....have spewd other times but thats cause ive been rotten drunk then had a little smoke...and well it doesnt go down too well

8. i was just thinking, "who the hell pukes when smoking pot" but then i remembered walking in some shopping center with a few friends and as we were walking back from it my friend walked up to a tree and just puked.

i wouldn't have ever thought about that but i just remembered it now.

so yeah, what causes it again?

9. It's called Post-Tussive Emesis. Any time you cough hard enough/long enough, it can happen. THC itself is actually an anti-emetic(i.e. stops puking)

dr. Tom

p.s. looking for ANY connections in Baltimore, MD area. Got the benjamins to back up it up too.

peace

10. Also, there is cardiovascular effects of THC that can cause short term increases in blood pressure, heart rate, etc. This response, plus just being high can give the common problem of vertigo, which frequently causes the nausea and vomiting response. Similarly, acute anxiety/paranoia symptoms are rarely associated with GI symptoms/vomiting.

Most vomiting after smoking I've seen is from people coughing a lot, which increases there vagal tone (i.e. a big nerve that controls lots of GI tract), and which increases reflux, which increases GI irritaion, and the cycle repeats itself.

So, if it isn't from coughing/irritation, its probobly a vertigo problem

later

dr. tom

11. I guess I can think for another reason. Smoking deep can also cause excess air to be put in the stomach from the high pressure, which then can lead to vomiting.

tom

12. DrTom, are you a real doctor by any chance, most of what you just said was very confusing, but kind of understandable. But its nice to know someone can tell us reasons for things such puking. haha.

13. I've yet to throw up or feel any nausea with herb.

14. I puked once when I smoked a whole joint(the weed was haze) to myself and drank too much soda and puked it all in the bathroom.

15. i havent, but i got a friend who does almost everytime he smokes. its pretty weird

16. True, the reasons I gave are probably the highest ..he.he... percentage explanations for nausea with weed. Again, I have seen many people “puke” after coughing with weed.(As I have myself after smoking x 2-3, each time after weed with schwagg-like properties(like bronchial irritation, etc. leading to coughing). Hence the reason I listed that first in my original reply. But, because I am Anesthesiologist I thought about the physiologic responses. It may sound odd, but nausea and vomiting are HUGE topics in anesthesia. The reason= post-operative nausea and vomiting cause patients to stay longer = loss of money for hospital(ahhh, that explains how same day facilities make all the money). After all, money does rule the world....outside of the lovely world of the green herb, which, yes, of course it can make you "puke." Let me tell you first hand, making someone tachycardic and lightheadedness (elderly, lung issues, first time with smoke in general/minimal/distant use) can indeed cause nausea and vomiting.

dr tom

p.s. I would enjoy clarifying further

17. i've puked quite a few times from smokin weed, either from takin to big of a hit or like i jus get a bad high and feel like everythins spinnin and i get cold sweats n shit, it sucks.

18. I never puke from weed or ever have. I have barely puke from drinking either. I don't know. Must be a tolerance. But I do agree with that "extended/hard coughing" that can make someone puke. I have seen that happen to someone. If I have to cough I do but I try to control myself.

19. I've puked several times after coughing too hard, so I'll
    vouch for the good doctors explanation.

BTW, is there anything that can be done for it?

20. I've never puked smoking. And until this weekend I had never puked drinking. I usually enjoy my hard alcohol liquor intake. Whiskey, Rum, Vodka, Tequilla. You name it, I love it. I've been just fine on 9 shots of tequilla. But a few days ago, I took down 2 40's of 211 in the matter of a few hours. I couldn't handle it. I was fucking surprised. After watching groundhogs day I went upstairs, walked into the bathroom and started praying. Then went to bed after a few good hurls and a couple dry heaves. I suspect for the simple fact that 211 is shit, that it fucked me up more than anything else I ever had. I could hardly walk striaght. But with 9 shots of tequilla I could run up and down stairs and ride my bike no problem, not to mention I did some gardening that day.