Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Puke After One Hit

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Slav, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Hey guys, as you can probably already tell I am a new member to the grasscity community. I am also new to toking and would like to eventually become seasoned, but have had a few complications. My first time ever smoking cannabis had been from my friends two foot bong at a party from which I took a single medium sized hit. (This had been after drinking roughly 150mL 80 proof Vodka) I had at first coughed my eyes out and proceeded to enter a panic stage in which my heart was racing and I had to sit down for a while. After the stage was over, I was riding an awesome feeling high for the rest of the night with no feeling of nausea. A few weeks later, at another party, my friend asks if I would like to go smoke with her again. I had already drank half a .75L bottle of Vodka and decided to go for it. I sat down and took roughly one and a half hits from the bong. I didn't panic, but entered a stage in which I could barely talk and completely zoned out. About 30 minutes later, I had felt extremely nauseous and tired and eventually ran to a toilet and puked up my breakfast, lunch, and supper.

The same friend asked if I wanted to go at it again, this time completely sober, so I said sure. (Thinking alcohol had been the reasoning behind my previous experience) This time it was out of a different, smaller bong. I proceeded to take a rip filling my entire lungs and hold it for 10 seconds then let out. This time I went completely quiet. 5  minutes in I felt extremely tired and had my head in my hands. Another 5 minutes later is when I had to fight the urge to vomit, eventually losing, and had started dry heaving/coughing in a nearby garbage can. Hardly anything came out, but I remember there being lots of mucus.

I was just wondering why this would be? I want to experience something like my first time where I was at a perfect level. I don't know what could be causing this and why the vomiting hadn't occured my first time.

2. Take smaller hits, you can always smoke more.

I don't really know how to measure hits so I think that might be viable. When I see my friend breathe out it's really thick white smoke and when I breathe out the smoke has really faded to pretty much nothing.

4. I have been toking daily for 5+ years, I always pack small hits that I can take in a breathe, and exhale almost immediately. 

Seems like marijuana has a strong effect on you...take less for less effect, makes sense to me.

5. Either too big of hits, or maybe weed just isn't for you.

6. It's weird that I didn't experience any of this my first time though. If it really wasn't for me wouldn't I've had the same effects the first time?

7. Were you swallowing the smoke? Or coughing?

8. beer before bong, you're in the wrong

bong before beer, you're in the clear

Coughing quite a bit, not super extreme though. And I can't remember swallowing the smoke, but it is a possibility.

10. Dd the smoke taste nasty? If I get the smoke too thick in my bong to the point it's yellow it tastes absolutely awful and hits your lungs like a freight train. I've thrown up after hitting a bong because I was uncontrollably coughing and eventually the contractions in my stomach from coughing brought it up. You just need to take a smaller hit, don't worry about how much smoke your friends blow out, they've probably been smoking a while and are used to filling them up the right way. When I was 14/15 I experienced the feelings you did sometimes and it was because I smoked way too much weed. It's called greening out.

I remember it tasting kind of bitter and stale, but not extremely. The bong itself was nasty though. My friend couldn't put her nose up to it without gagging. She said if I smelled it before I took a hit I would probably run away in to the forest.

12. I think we found the answer to your problem with smoking.

Case solved.

I'm not sure it was that though, as I had puked 10 minutes later. If it was from the nasty bong wouldn't I have puked pretty much instantly afterwards?

14. [​IMG]

15. Toppest of keks my australian friend  :ey:

16. I would say its because of the bong, try smoking from another piece and see if its better. Another thing might be because you were drinking. When I drink and smoke i almost always throw up, and when I throw up it seems to ruin things for me. Ill use an example to help you understand what I mean, one time at a party I had a whole bottle of cranberry juice that i mixed about 50/50 with vodka, i chugged alot of it and got extremely drunk and threw up everywhere, that was about a year ago and to this day the slightest taste of cranberrys makes me gag. So it could be your body associating the weed with throwing up, so its making you throw up. I've had this happen with weed before also, luckily it went about after about a month or so. Try a different tasteing weed maybe, and a new piece. Also take smaller hits. A pipe would probably be better for a begginer than a bong. Best of luck!

That makes sense. It was also the same weed used the previous time, so yeah, it could be that my body associates it with that. When I do mix vodka I usually mix it 80:20 Vodka to OJ so everytime I drink OJ afterwards I expect a strong vodka taste and have the slight shiver your first sip gives you.

18. Cannabis lowers the blood sugar level. That's what gives people the munchies. But I am discovering, especially through this forum, that some people have sensative stomachs toward the BSL drop and they puke. Maybe you should try a differnt method of consumption. Good luck!

19. i nearly always puke if i havent smoked in a while, just the smell of weed is so strong it almost makes me gag. its such a strong smell but after i puke i enjoy the high. also, i dont get the munchies like most people do, in fact its harder for me to eat and all food seems so unappealing.

20. The reason you puked is because you mixed alcohol and cannabis...  add in the fact that you were a virgin smoker you pretty much got crossfaded which mostly leads to puking. don't mix medicine with alcohol.. tsk tsk.