Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Puff Puff Passing and Breaking Rotation

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jayjangle, Apr 21, 2012.

1. When I first started smoking weed, my friend taught me the holy rule of taking two puffs (no more, no less) and then passing to the next person, and keeping the order going. Most people in my toking run followed this just as well.

Then, there were the people who didn't quite. In particular, I had a friend who would sometimes take a third or fourth puff of a joint, and I would ask him to pass and he would either sneak in another puff or sort of groan and pass it. It was also common for this friend, and some others, to break the rotation so some people got more hits than others, and bringing it up meant you were being 'sort of a dick'.

This tended to happen when I would smoke a few or less friends up. I don't mind sharing, but I hate feeling my shit is not appreciated. This sort of thing made it feel like that...I never posted about it here when I was smoking because I wasn't sure if it was a 'bro' thing to do to whine about my friend taking extra unwelcome puffs and stuff. What is your guys' opinion on this?

2. Those people are dicks. If they break rotation on purpose, YOU tell them to not to and they get pissy or take another puff, tell those bitches to bounce. I wouldn't hang with people who disrespect like that.

3. depends on herb quality if it mid im taking a third hit.

dont smoke in big rotations dude. like 4 or less.

4. We've always smoked in small groups with multiple people having weed, we tend to just rotate in jont rolling and don't really have a strict 'puff policy'.

5. My friends know what's up, When It's my weed I control it, They aren't dicks about it they let me almost always get greens (We don't take turns around here) and if they take more than one hit they get their turn skipped, if it isn't my weed then I'll still fuss about it but be like fuck it...

6. #6 TheWriter, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2012
    I guess my friends and I are just real. We don't worry about shit like that; we have other fish to fry.:bongin:

Edit: Although you don't double hit a bong/pipe. That's just bad manners where I come from.

7. I always give my greens away until everyone has hit greens. I usually smoke out of a pipe or bong, so it is usually just one big hit and pass it. I've never had anyone purposely fuck with the rotation. If someone did I doubt it would go over well, unless it is their weed and you're not matching then you shouldn't complain.

8. yea I dealed with some stingy fucks before and that's exactly what they are

9. Wow, my circles sound fantastic compared to that. A piece for every 2 people in the circle, hit it and quit it. Lately though it has been 1 piece for 4 of us though, as the 2 girls back out fairly quickly so it end up being only 2 of us smoking after about 3 passes, lol.

10. Fuck them...probably the same 'friends' who would pinch your bud in a second if you left it with them.

11. how we do it is take as many puffs as you want aslong as you can handle it (no one over does it) and just keep the rotation of smoking device the same way.of course with a group of people already high someone will forget and well all sit there thinking which way it goes but its all good.

12. Have you mentioned it to them? Do they know that "puff puff pass" is the rule in your group?

I mean, it could be that person or persons is just used to taking extra small hits and is trying to get as high as the rest of you are... but I suppose it's more likely that they're just dicks.

If you have said something to the effect of "hey man, it's puff puff pass, not puff puff puff pass", and they still continue to do it, then... fuck 'em, they're dicks. Not much you can do about it aside from not invite them around anymore.

13. Fuck that man you needa rule over your weed with an iron fist!

My nugs and I have a pact, be it a nug of flower, hash, or brownie, it 'speaks to' me and I must protect and show her justice in the best of my means available.

Wow that dab got me haha.

14. Maybe doesn't realize he's doing it and he's startled/embarrassed when it happens, and it comes off like he'd rather hang on to it and triple-hit, when he's really just feeling a bit awkward and high? :)

When I pass around joints or blunts I tend to let others enjoy them as much as they want, because I'm not all that big on that style of smoking myself (I enjoy them, definitely, though I prefer bongs). But I keep a subtle eye on everyone, and if someone who enjoys them seems to be getting shorted, they get to start the next joint. :D

When packing bowls/bongs, I usually always try to pack a fresh snap for each person and they can either pass the remains (if any) to whomever wants it, or just finish if they'd like. And with each group bowl, I let a different person down the line take the first hit, usually with the goal of packing at least one bowl per person. With more than three or so people, I'll usually have an extra few pieces in rotation.

Everyone has a different rhythm and their own set of smoking rules, sometimes it's based on being a grower or a buyer, or how much quantity they have or are used to having, sometimes it's based on region (for instance in some countries, and even just in different states, shared or group bowls and joints just aren't done, regardless of the size of the joint or bowl pack.. either you or the owner packs it or rolls it, you start and finish it, then it's another persons turn and so on).

I'm pretty relaxed and don't have a normal rotation rule.. So I'll go with the flow and keep packing, until everyone's happy. :)
    I smoke alone quite a bit, so if anything, I'm the one catching myself double-hitting the bong in a group sesh!

I'm also the kind of person who insists that no one packs bowls of their own green, when they're a guest in my house (unless they insist that it's something I just 'HAVE' to try :D ).

But if I'm running low, and can only share so much and notice someone's holding it a little too long, I'll stick up for and put a gentle word or two in to help the folks who may be missing out. I don't like to be 'that guy', so when I'm running on E and the next crop isn't due very soon, that's about the only time I'll casually put my foot down. :p

(And keep in mind what I said about your friend, maybe he's like me and smokes alone a lot, and then maybe when you call him out on over-hitting he's awkward and tries to joke it off, and doesn't even realize it looks greedy. :eek: )

15. Why don't you just smoke with some more chillin buds, man?:smoke:

16. OK...I haven't smoked in a group for like...ages.
    When we vape with our friends, everyone brings their device of choice and there's a throw in.
    I mean there's occasional hook-ups in times of need but not really.

In terms of smoking in a rotation...
    My impression here id that everyone threw in equally - If they haven't well, too many factors to play with there.
    If it was after a couple of rounds and everyone's pretty baked I could understand it if the guy forgot, like once...and hopefully just telling 'em to move it along would snap them out of it...

Though the guy sneaking another hit after you've bought it to his attention is HIM being a dick, not to mention his reaction making YOU feel dick-ish about it just for being assertive enough to make sure everyone in the group (yourself included) gets a fair deal.
    These are the actions of a selfish person that is doing it deliberately.
    So if you let it go he'll likely continue being opportunistic and assume he can just get more than anyone else on the ongoing.

I for one support you in bringing it up. He needs to be called on it and really if he's going to be a little shit about it, he deserves being called out on that too...I'd just say that you're paying for yourself to smoke, not him...if he's not happy with the arrangement then he can buy his own shit solo.

Shit like this just fucks it for everyone, brings negativity and a feeling of inequality into things...not really cool of THEM.

17. I usually smoke with my bro. We don't care how many hits we take in one rotation. But if you kill the dobbie you will get smacked.

With friends, if they hit it three times, I will hit it three times. If its my bud, I will hit it one more.

18. Damn yall funny plus I remember I followed the rules and my boy told me hit some more lol so it like 4 puff and pass. I don't get mad if a person hit 4 times but 5 shit I'm saying something.