Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Publix - Saliva drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by C.A.B.M.-DD, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You'll be alright, smoke another one.

2. [quote name='"Tectonic420"']Awesome!! Thank you very much BuddhistBrian!! I have a close friend who knows the manager at my local Publix, so I have a pretty good recommendation. Another question, when I go in to apply, would a dress shirt and dress pants suffice for introductions? I am not sure if my dress shoes still fit so shoes may be black sneakers, is this going to be a bad first impression, in your experience? Much appreciated!![/QUOTE]

A dress shirt and pants would be just fine! I doubt the manager will be paying attention to your shoes. Remember that you will need to buy dress shoes for work so you might as well buy them early. At the interview, be relaxed, confident, witty, and involved. Don't tell the manager ANY bullshit, he/she will definitely notice. My store manager is actually a really nice guy so we ended up talking about Rob Dyrdek's entrepreneurship most of the interview.

Good luck my friend! What position have you been thinking of?

3. Ah, I will need dress shoes for work though. Okay, that is good to know. I will try to remember that info thank you! I have been thinking of anything from working in produce, or stocking shelves, fetching carts, not sure if I am agile enough for bagging, though with practice I'm sure that is fixed.

4. Hey all, fellow pot blazer here. I registered just so I could respond and chime in with my publix experience...

I just got hired last week. Here in central florida they're still using the mouth swab test, which if you've done your research, you'll know that you're pretty much golden as long as you haven't done anything within a couple days prior to your INTERVIEW.

I have interview in caps because, when I went for mine I was under the impression I would be sent somewhere for a piss test. No, I had my interview, and had my mouth swab test in the same room as my interview, as soon as it was over. I was freaked out because I was "unprepared" for it being as I smoked about 2 1/2 days before....But I was good and got the job.

My question is, do they really randomly test their employees on a regular basis or is that a scare tactic? I have worked jobs where "random" testing was a weekly thing where 3-4 employees would be called for a test every week....Therefore you really couldn't smoke if you wanted to keep your job. I have also worked jobs where they claimed they do random testing, though no one EVER got tested.

I think publix, like most other jobs will only test you a second time if you look stoned at work, or stink of weed, or they're looking for a reason to can you.

Hope my post helped a little bit.

5. #25 Elvir180, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
    I actually just got hired at publix. Im a heavy smoker, I'd probably smoke about 3-4g a day. I applied on a thursday, and got a call on saturday that i had a drug test tuesday. the night before i smoked 2 blunts, did a gas mask, and also smoked a couple bowls out of a bubbler and a bong. So that explains how much i smoke. So i smoked sunday afternoon and that was the last time i smoked. So from sunday afternoon at around 2pm to 12, makes 10 hrs, with monday making another 24 hrs, that makes it 34hrs of not smoking and tuesday was my interview at 3:30 and i also got drug tested that day at 5:40, so that would be another 17 hrs and 40 mins, + 34 hrs for sunday and monday makes 51 hrs and 40 minutes of not smoking any weed until i got drug tested. So i waited about a week now and I got a call back and publix informed me that I passed my drug test. The Oral Saliva-Drug-Tests only go back about 12-24 hours from consumption. So basically you could smoke the night before and still pass. The way I passed my drug test was not smoking for that long, and also brushing your teeth and using listerine every morning and night, and also use listerine in the car before you go in to do the interview or before your about to be drug tested because it has alcohol in it and it will ubsorb all the THC. Thats basically all I did and I passed and now I dont have to worry anymore! :) good luck everyone out there! :) keep on smoking!  :smoking:

6. i know this is an older thread but i applied to Publix and am afraid about what their drug tests are like nowadays. the last post relevant post was as of July 2013.

i want to know if they still just do saliva tests or if they added urine tests? i havent smoked in a week so i know ill pass the saliva test but i will fail the urine test. im low on cash and wondering if i should buy synthetic urine from a shop in the Tampa area.

7. Want to pass a drug test?
    It's easy, all you have to do is STOP using Cannabis long enough so you can pass a home test before applying for a job .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.