Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Publix - Saliva drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by C.A.B.M.-DD, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I applied at publix and they are planning on giving me a saliva drug test. I was wondering if anyone knows when they give the test, like do they give you warning or spring it up on you during the interview.

My interview should be tomorrow or this weekend, i smoked yesterday but it was just a blunt of leaves(Before that I've been smoking about 2-3 times a day, or 3-4 grams a week aprox) - any advice or previous knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance fellow grasscitians

2. dont smoke until after they drug test you, im pretty sure as long as youve been abstaining for 3-4 days youll be good.

3. Dude, he's saying he has to take a SALIVA drug test.... I.e. they take a sample of saliva from his mouth and test it for drugs..

Not salvia... lol

And @OP - No freaking clue, didn't know there even was a saliva drug test

4. applying at publix? what are you in middle school. your not going to get any hours because they hire every mother fucker that applys as long as your in school.

5. #5 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Nov 11, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
    Brush teeth, mouthwash 3 times a day, scrape your tounge, ect. and DONT get high until after the test.
    and if you dont already, use a mouthwash containing alcohol right before you go in, alochol absorbs THC and kills germs and such

• Like Like x 1
  6. lol, I thought it was salvia too.

It's not the first time I've made that mistake either >_<

7. saliva test will only test positive for marijuana if u have smoked in the past 48/72 hours.

• Like Like x 1

8. its not that i don't believe you, but might you have some sort of proof for this statement.

9. Saliva Drug Test Detection Times:

Alcohol: From time of ingestion up to 12 hours.

Amphetamines: Less than hour after ingestion up to 3 days.

Barbiturates: Less than hour after ingestion up to 3 days.

Benzodiazepines: Unknown

Cannabis: Less than hour after ingestion up to 24 hours depending on use.

Cocaine (including crack): Less than hour after ingestion up to 1 day.

Opiates: Less than hour after ingestion up to 3 days

Methamphetamine and ecstasy: Less than hour after ingestion up to 3 days.

PCP: Less than hour after ingestion up to 3 days.

How To Pass A Saliva Drug Test Including Detection Times.

10. I used to work at Publix summer between my junior and senior year of high school. According to the law they can only give you a drug test after theyve agreed to hire you so thats what they did. I worked for 2 months after that and never got another drug test but i quit once i started smoking daily when senior year started and i got paranoid about failing one and my parents finding out

11. thanks bkush

12. Thanks a lot guys! and sorry about the "salvia" mix up as apposed to "saliva" my spelling ain't the sharpest tool in my shed ha.

Rip bongs.

13. Anyone ever got a random test from them? Do they still use Saliva Test or something else?

14. Yeah I passed, there drug tests arent that great, and as a tip (i got lucky) i forgot to bring my drivers license and they wont test you without it. so when i went back home real quick 10 minutes later i used mouth wash then ate something strong tasting and washed it down with water. If your in the same spot theres hope just rinse your mouth out thourghly before you go and then forget your license haha

15. sorry for the awkward sentence structure I'm so baked.

16. I recently got a job at Publix...
    After the interview about 2-3 days they'll call you and be like "we need you in for a drug screening" you go in, sign papers, and take the oral test it's like a toothbrush thing

don't smoke for 2 days and youll be good

17. Does anyone know if Publix is still doing the oral drug tests? I'm probably getting a job there, I just need to be sure it's still just saliva tests. Any info greatly appreciated!

18. Salvia hahaha.

19. [quote name='"Tectonic420"']Does anyone know if Publix is still doing the oral drug tests? I'm probably getting a job there, I just need to be sure it's still just saliva tests. Any info greatly appreciated![/QUOTE]

I am a proud Publix worker, and I was saliva tested when I was hired 11 months ago. All of my fellow employees and even the new guys have been saliva tested. In 11 months I've heard of one random test done and they chose 5 people out of the 110 in my store.

Feel free to private message me about ANYTHING Publix related, their training is pretty good. But there are a few things that are vague.

20. Awesome!! Thank you very much BuddhistBrian!! I have a close friend who knows the manager at my local Publix, so I have a pretty good recommendation. Another question, when I go in to apply, would a dress shirt and dress pants suffice for introductions? I am not sure if my dress shoes still fit so shoes may be black sneakers, is this going to be a bad first impression, in your experience? Much appreciated!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.