Publicly-Traded Company Cures Cancer with Cannabis

Discussion in 'General' started by ThePhantom, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Since this issue was getting no attention in the medical marijuana section, which I think is absolutely ridiculous, I thought I'd post it here. As you guys know, I've been fighting for cannabis extract medicine for years, because I know it has the ability to cure cancer and other diseases. What we needed to win was for a legitimate company to prove it, and now that's happened.

Cannabis Science, a company started by Steve Kubby and now headed up by Dr. Robert Melamede, has been treating people with extract medicine in conjunction with the Colorado PhoenixTears organization. On February 22nd, they released this press release stating they had achieved optimal results with their medicine. More importantly, this document provides the photographical evidence of the cancer cure.

Honestly, I think it's disgusting how no major news media has picked up on this yet. Perhaps they won't until Cannabis Science holds a press conference, which they are planning to, but I always figured as soon as this was announced, the news would be picked up immediately. Apparently it takes even more than that to get people to acknowledge the true power of cannabis.

I'd like to reiterate the fact that people have been curing themselves of cancer and other diseases for at least eight years, before this ultimate proof was gained. It was because of mass ignorance, refusal to look into this further, and moral cowardice that literally MILLIONS of people had to die before we got to this point. Who knows how many more will die until this medicine actually becomes available to everyone? It's unfortunate, but at least the true start of change has begun.

2. Yea, no one has heard about this pretty much, its been posted here already, but seriously no one i know had read this till this weekend when i told them, yet every day im barraged with info they have on new CO laws for MMJ and shit.... i dunno how they missed this shit

3. #3 Penelope420, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
    My honest opinion is that this is quackery. I'm highly skeptical of anyone or anything that claims to cure cancer. Cancer isn't a single disease with a single cure. Call it "mass ignorance", but I'm not going to deny scientific research and medicine because some cannabis corporation claims to have found a cure for cancer. There is billions of dollars to be made in cancer treatments- if cannabis worked, traditional medical journals and pharmaceutical companies would be all over it.

There's also a lot of money to be made in selling false hope to cancer patients.

This kind of "medicine" is extremely dangerous because it prays upon people when they are at their most vulnerable. I recently lost an aunt to breast cancer- breast cancer that was treatable, but because she wanted to believe that a holistic cure would work, so denied traditional medicine. Like you she wanted desperately to believe that people have been curing themselves of cancer for millions of years, and that traditional science and medicine is some kind of fraud.

Look at the fine print, there is no proof. It's just a lot of CYA bullshit:

4. I personally like to believe in the idea of cannabis being a cure for cancer rather than not, i dunno why you so very reverently shut the idea down, you use it correct?

And as for that just being a money scheme, the people behind it are just potheads who happen to be scientists, i dont see why you instantly assume its some money making sceme, isnt that the idea of selling ANYTHING

5. If anyone can find this video again, called: Cannabis Cures Cancer - "Run From The Cure" The Rick Simpson Story, it is what turned me into a believer. This dude is from Canada and has for years been treating people with cannabis oils, that don't get you high but have cured the cancer of many many people. The video was available on Google video but they took it down apparently.

6. Good to see you still fightin the good fight phantom, i remember you introducing me to the powers of hemp oil a few years back through the rick simpson story

7. There has been scientific research showing that THC acutally promote programmed cell death.

When a cell gets old and needs to die, but doesn't, it's a bad thing. That cell can start to reproduce at an uncontrollable rate. This is what we call cancer.

THC helps old cells die naturally, which therefore helps prevent cancer.

8. I would think this is why, if anything, companies would try to bury this information. You realize how much money major pharms would lose? I know it sounds borderline conspiracy theorist, but these companies have invested so much money in "treatment" methods, that if some new plant comes along and basically makes their investments become worthless they'd go bankrupt.

9. I mean, big pharma has been aware how much money one can make with weed for a long time, and they collaborate with the federal govt all the time, if they wanted to make money with weed (outside this new legalizing THC extractions...) they would have already done it. and on top, why would pharmaceutical companies want to sell permanent cures rather than temporary, if they cure something, they stop getting fuckin paid

10. First of all, I'm sorry about your Aunt.

---

You hit the nail on the head with one statement: "Cancer isn't a single disease with a single cure." I do believe that cannabis is worth pursuing as a way to TREAT cancer, particularly tumor reduction. But there isn't and will never be a cure to cancer. Cancer is not a disease in the traditional sense, and it should be fairly evident now that different types of cancer need to be treated in different ways. I don't think we will ever stop any form of cancer unless we can eliminate the underlying causes of each individual type (see HPV vaccine). Our best hope is to manage and slow cancer down with as little adverse effect to the patient. Anyone who things that complete and utter eradication of cancer by any means does not know what they are talking about, or they are trying to take advantage of people.

11. This notion (although pervasive) is nothing more than conspiracy theory rubbish. Thats just not how pharmaceutical companies work. I know I wil get a dozen people jumping on me saying "NO!! Blah blah blah BigPharma blah blah conspiracy". I'm sorry to say that's just not how it works.

I'm skeptical of this study. Here is a link to this "proof" of curing cancer http://www.cannabisscience.com/download/cancer_extract_kills.pdf

So they have ONE subject who had her skin cancer relieved by a topical cannabis extract... only to have it come back again. That is why the media isn't jumping on it - not because of big pharma/government/witch craft conspiracies - because the study pretty much proves absolutely nothing and it was performed by a doctor who is very clearly agenda-driven.

I'm all for the legalization effort, but let's call a spade a spade. This study is crap and proves nothing.

12. Cancer is a disease in the traditional sense, as a disease is any abnormal condition affecting the body of an organism, however, i do agree its not 1 disease. But the fact that MOST cancers are cells over reproducing in useless quantities the body cant handle and not dying in accordance to nature, and Cannabinoids are shown to help increase the rate of cells dying naturally, it COULD potentially be harness as a cure some day. For all we know it could be a certain build of the molecules of the cannabinoids doing it, and not the molecule as a whole and perhaps they could strip them of the useless atoms and make some extreme cancer killing agent.... you never really know whats going to happen

13. Yes that is only one case, but they are doing massive research on the field, i will agree, we cant say anything till its 100% proven

the press release does say this

"Some of these scientifically informed patients have chosen to self-administer Cannabis Science extracts supplied by Rockbrook to treat their own cancers. Cannabis Science is delighted that patients are reporting dramatic improvements in their conditions, including basal cell carcinoma, non-small cell lung cancer accompanied by COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), ovarian cancer, and glioma."

of course, thats just now, more prevalent research will occur. Although, we can conclude there are no NEGATIVE effects brought to patients using it to help with their conditions, which is usually NOT the case with cancer. So that is 1 huge good aspect

14. That's why this type of quackery is so dangerous. Everyone would LIKE to believe that the cure for cancer won't involve radiation, chemotherapy and other highly invasive treatments. But that's not the reality.

We're not talking about zit creams and anti-wrinkle level of quackery. We're talking about terminally ill people with extremely serious diseases. When you've got a terminal illness you are in an extremely vulnerable position. If you had someone telling you that you don't need those harmful, scary treatments because you can just use cannabis oil instead- that's some pretty powerful persuasion.

It's a corporation. Corporations are money making schemes. When unbiased, legitimate medical journals with no financial stake in the findings report these studies, then I'll start to pay attention. Grasscity is not an unbiased forum, and "Cannabis Science, INC" is not an unbiased corporation.

If this was legitimate, then those who are studying it would wait until there is solid, concrete proof before preying upon terminally ill people with their "plans" and "estimates" and "beliefs". If this was legitimate then any scientist, anywhere in the world would be able to reproduce their findings. When that starts happening, then I'll start taking this more seriously.

Ugytag- I completely agree- cannabis should be looked at as a legitimate treatment. It's been proven to help with appetite and pain management, and those are the areas that should be pursued. The second someone starts talking about finding a "CURE FOR CANCER", I call bullshit.

15. There is one VERY LARGE negative side effect to this type of "cure".

That side effect is false hope.

16. Ok, but you still cant say 100% it ISNT a cure, as no one can still say it is.... false hope exists in any situation if anything goes wrong.... You know.... For example. radiation and chemo arent guaranteed to help at all... i actually think the success rate for them is pretty damn low.... Id rather have false hope, that is healthy, and gets me high, than false hope that makes me sick as fuck and blasts me with radiation..

I'd be happy if cannabinoid treatment had a 5% success rate, thats LEGIT as fuck. 5% is 5% lol

17. Ahh, I am glad I can jump into this now. To all the people who are expressing skepticism about this, I understand. It's hard to believe, but the fact of the matter is, it's the truth.

You are judging your opinions of this issue based on very little knowledge. I have been involved in this for three years. I know dozens of people who have been cured of various diseases, and even a close family friend of mine had his aggressive prostate cancer cured with ONLY extract medicine. This is the real deal, and I also know the people behind this study. Dr. Robert Melamede is a distinguished professor at the University of Colorado, and Janet Sweeney is the head of Colorado PhoenixTears. They have cured more than just this one skin cancer... this is only the start.

There are three documentaries (Run From the Cure, Cured: A Cannabis Story, and Vitamin Cannabis) about cannabis extract medicine curing cancer. There are around a dozen other videos showing people using it to relieve AIDS symptoms, COPD, chronic pain, burns, Parkinson's, and Crohn's disease. A woman named Shona Banda wrote a book called Live Free or Die that detailed how she cured herself of a terminal disease. This is truly serious!

I just... I just don't understand how people can be so opposed to this, with all the evidence. There are so many people saying this medicine works for them, has cured them of disease, and others spit on them like they're fucking liars. Do you think it's a coincidence that all these average people have cured diseases with this medicine, and then a company comes out saying they've cured cancer in a controlled setting? And by the way, in the study, at first the skin cancer was treated with both the cannabis oil and some other treatment. The cancer went away, but then recurred on the nose. At that point, ONLY cannabis oil was used to treat the cancer, and it went away completely. Cancer does not normally go away that fast (10 days) for no reason. Is it that hard to believe the oil did it, when so many other people have said it works?

Cannabis is unlike any other medicine, and many of you are grossly underestimating the power of this plant. Like Dr. Melamede and others have described, the endocannabinoid system is the superregulatory system of our bodies. It maintains homeostasis in literally everything else. The PDF file actually opens with a description of this, because it's that important. If you look at disease as an imbalance, and the endocannabinoid system as restoring balance, it makes sense it would cure nearly anything. It may not be effective against certain viruses, but for most of our ailments, it's all we need. I personally believe we must combine hemp nutrition with extract medicine for optimal health, though.

By the way, one of our fellow members, Granny Storm Crow, is a supporter of all this. She has compiled a list 420 pages long describing all the studies showing cannabis can help with nearly any disease. You name a relatively common disease, I GUARANTEE it will be on this list.

In conclusion, with all the science, all the people, all the raw evidence backing this up, how can anybody say that cannabis has not cured cancer, or at the very least, has an extremely strong possibility of doing so? To so blatantly disregard the testimony of so many people in favor of the arbitrary, distant logic of "if it worked, the pharmaceutical companies would be using it", is disgusting. And by the way, why they aren't is a very complex issue, and I do not believe it's a conspiracy. It's a combination of ignorance, disbelief, moral cowardice, and some level of greed. At least, that's my theory, and I think it makes a lot of sense.

Your move, guys ;)

18. b.s. cancer is here to keep the population balanced and is incurable

19. #19 Penelope420, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011

I had a long post typed out in response to everything you said, but honestly, it makes me too angry.

To blatantly disregard everything *I* said in favor of YouTube videos and anecdotal evidence, is also disgusting. We're talking about people with terminal, life threatening diseases. Anecdotal evidence is not proof. I'm not calling anyone a liar, I'm saying that I'm skeptical. Where would we be in science if there weren't skeptics. That doesn't mean my mind can't be changed, it means that I haven't seen the evidence yet to convince me.

You said you know dozens of people who were cured. How many people have NOT been cured by it, is the real question? We'll probably never know, because those people are no longer alive.

If it worked, it could be reproduced in double blind studies, by unbiased researchers and the findings would be published in legitimate scientific and medical journals. WHERE IS THAT PROOF?

I was already clear about why I am opposed to this. It's selling false hope to people with terminal illnesses. I'm more concerned with people DYING because they've been sold a line of bullshit, then I am about hurting someone's feelings for calling them a liar.

20. You keep saying false hope. You know what's truly false? The way people are treated today. Do you know how many thousands of people have died because they've been given chemotherapy that was proven not to work? You are placing way too much faith in the medical system, and despite as far as they've come, they're still extremely ineffective. Do you realize that we cannot cure a single major disease? Not MS, not diabetes, not cancer... everything is a throw-chemicals-at-it approach that rarely works very well.

And I have seen this medicine work for far more people than it has not worked for. And the people I know it hasn't worked for, and there are a few, still saw good results with it. One woman shrunk half her tumor before it stopped working for some reason, and another lung cancer patient recovered substantially before dying. So yes, some times it hasn't worked, but even then it has achieved more than whatever the medical system could do.

You are still completely disregarding all of those videos, which I doubt you even watched. There are people from all over the country curing disease with this medicine, and you disregard it because there are no double-blind studies. WE WISH WE HAD THOSE! If we did, we would win. NOBODY HAS FUCKING DONE IT! Cannabis Science is now the closest thing we have to that, but even when we get that, people like you fight against it.

Cannabis extract medicine is NOT false hope. I'm getting so sick of you saying that. In reality, it is the only hope we have. And a GC member once said an amazing quote in regards to this issue that I'll never forget... "At some point, you need to realize that not all cancer patients are scumbag liars, and understand that sometimes the government cannot provide all the answers." We've been fighting for trials for years, nobody large has given them to us, and the small trials people have done (like Cannabis Science and my friend Richard Brumfield's trials) have all shown SPECTACULAR results.

So when all of the evidence is pointing to this, in such a huge way, and people completely disregard it and call it lies simply because the government and other organizations have not responded to OUR REQUESTS for more testing, it pisses me off. People always say, "Cannabis may one day hold the cure for cancer, but not now." Why not now? Why isn't an extract of highly concentrated cannabinoids, which our body thrives on and have been 100% proven to cure cancer cells, the right way? It's such bullshit!

You do not know anybody who has used this medicine. I know dozens of people. I've seen it work for myself on many different types of pain. You have the right to express skepticism, but you have no right to express more certainty than I have. Once you go out and talk to some patients, then come back here.