>>>Public Service Announcement!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Makizushi, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Firstly, if you smoke weed... buy a 3-4 chamber grinder immediately.

Secondly, once a month (or depending on how often you smoke) you should take the screen section of your grinder, put it in a sandwich bag along with rubbing alcohol. Zip the bag, shake it around, and wallah! Now you're collecting keif so fast you won't know what to do with it all.

This public service announcement is brought to you by Makizushi, because I'm stoned off my ass from a bowl of keif.

Happy tokin, brothers and sisters. :smoke:

2. i still havnt done this yet but i prob should, i got a bunch of kief stuck in those little holes

3. I cleaned my grinder after approximately a year of use. Now at first, before the cleaning, I already thought it collected keif at a fast rate...

But cleaning is, oh my motha fuckin god, every week I've got a full bowl worth of kief.

4. Fuck grinder's; it's all about Wicca boxes

[​IMG]

5. For keifing on a budget, the $5.99 Fine Mesh Four Sifter by SCI Scandicrafts. It may not be the absolute best keif screen , but its sure cheap.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Fine-Mesh-Flour-Sifter-Stainless/dp/B001TR9AW2/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1296335140&sr=8-8]Amazon.com: Fine Mesh Flour Sifter - Stainless Steel - 4.75" Diameter: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

[​IMG]

6. keif catch grinders suck, makes your bud less potent...keif isn't even worth it

7. Makes your bud less potent? No, touching the buds and resin with your oily hands makes it less "potent"

:wave:

8. de-keifing your bud makes it less potent, its taking away crystals and hairs...

9. i need to clean my screen

but on top of that i lost my kief scraper

do they sell them individually at headshops?

10. if you dont vigoriously shake the shit out of your grinder, then its just trichs that would have fallen off anways. I can deal with a tiny fraction of the trichs fallin off each time I grind my herb, because the end product is definitely worth it.
    good PSA as well mak

11. Expect some animosity from the old school tokers for this Tread.. :p

That's funny since I always got pretty much just as high as I would if it was broken up by hand. After 5 or 6 bong rips you're not really going to notice a difference in your high.

12. i use a guitar pick and it works just as well

13. Damn i have been using my grinder for years and never done this, ima try it.

Thanks man!

14. why would you even grind your bud up that fine if you were going to smoke it out of a bong? hand grinding bud works better imo for everything

15. hand ground bud is still kind of chunky, in the sense that when you pack the bowl, there will be gaps where air gets through.

ground up bud from a grinder eliminates that and the bowl burns slower.

while grinding bud up with your hands is do-able, unfortunately you're losing potency due to the trichs sticking on your fingers...

16. maybe but i feel like if i used a grinder for bong and pipe bowls it burns a lot faster

17. I'm sorry to hear that. Mine does not.

18. you must be magic or a freak one of the two

19. well honestly I have a bong, which I've owned for almost two years now. Normally when I smoke out of the bong, I don't smoke more than one bowl, if not then two bowls. I would pack the bowl like normal, chief it down, and then pack another bowl on top of that. So basically a lot of resin collects together, and I clean that out maybe once a month (I hit the vape most often). So the weed never really goes anywhere, since the resin is there. I might be loosing a few little ground up pieces of weed, but that's so insignificant when I've got a full packed bowl.

20. oh well i never usually load a full bowl out of the bong I just like taking one huge bong hit than smoke a bowl out of a pipe i very rarely pack my headie all the way