Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Public Places to Blaze in NYC

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mlrock, Mar 10, 2011.

1. So a friend of mine and I are anticipating celebrating 4/20 this year while we're in New York City, where we both live. However, neither his place nor my place are options. The only place that we know of, where we have blazed before, is the Ramble in Central Park. I've come to realize that the police in Central Park are always on people's tail trying to nab potsmokers. Does anyone know of any places in New York City where we can go blaze and are unlikely to get caught?

2. Ready for some hardcore hearsay?
    A friend of mine said he went to new york to visit a friend, a guy I know, and they went to a bar, rolled a J and smoked, all in the bar. can't help any further.

3. i dont live in nyc but my advice for anyone who wants to blaze and not get caught is...alley way... lol or just go around SOON and scope out some nice places... in new york city... your lucky because you have a chance that you may be able to get onto the roof of a building and blaze... go around and check for low to preferably no security buildings that u can get on top of either by climbing if you are a master of parkor like myself (lol) or through an elevator or stairs. another option is unpopulated parking garages

best of luck man and above all
    BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Go to the 5 pointz building, its a all graffiti building.
    people smoke next to it, behind it all the time.
    And its cool to see the artists work.

5. roll joints or blunts, and walk around places with a low rate of pedestrians. i find that the right attitude also helps with not getting caught; just pretend you're smoking a cigarette, don't try to hide anything and people won't be suspicious of your actions. It also really depends on how bad NYC cops are, i've smoked a j right outside my college campus in downtown chicago, had a cop walk by and he didn't say a word, though im sure he must have smelled me :smoke:

6. It's really not hard to smoke in the city, you can basically do it anywhere. Just be aware of your surroundings, that's the best advice I can give.

7. the roseland ball room down town on 4/20 for the cudi concert :hello:

8. Do you know where the Brooklyn Banks are? famous skate spot under the brooklyn bridge.
    Probably could do it there, but idk. Don't take my word for it, but look into it before 4/20 rolls around. Plus you can see all the crazy skaters.

Alleys would probably work, but hella sketchy.

Idk figure it out. You live there right? go walk or drive or skate around and find a spot

9. Hotbox the Apple Store?

But seriously, walking in Central Park with a joint is straight.

10. do remember that it's 4/20 and police will be aware.

11. Brooklyn Banks might not be the best place since there's a police station directly across the street and the squad cars are always parked right next to the skate park.

Like others have said, your best bet is to be aware of your surroundings and try not to act suspicious about it. For a while, Union Square was a good place to blaze up but I haven't been there in a while so I really can't say one way or the other. Prospect Park (in Brooklyn) would be another viable option. There are lots of places there with virtually no human presence so you can probably find yourself a nice spot to chill for a while without having to worry about the authorities.

12. lmao well I didn't know that... most skate spots and parks like that I've been to have been pretty easy to smoke at... the one in my town is like way to easy....

13. +1 for Prospect Park. Representin' BK to the fullest.

14. #14 garrison68, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2011
    I don't smoke outdoors any more, and haven't for years, but if I were to do it again I'd use a portable vape while walking on a nice quiet street, then go wherever I was headed.

I'd recommend Brooklyn also. Prospect Park is very enjoyable, and there are secluded areas. After you're baked, take a walk over to the Botanical Gardens, which is very close by. There's an eight dollar seasonal admission - except on Tuesdays when it's free. The Brooklyn Museuem is also right in that area, admission amount is voluntary. If you get hungry, there's all kinds of foods on Flatbush Ave. and around Park Slope. It's all very accessable by Subway.

15. Ill be there lmao

16. I smoked there a few times fairly recently and it was fine. It was fairly busy, but nobody seemed to care.

17. East River State Park in Brooklyn, it's a great spot to catch the sunset too. I smoke on the street all the time with a little cigarette one hitter.

18. NYC's easy to smoke in if you're familiar with it. Union square in Manhattan (14th street and Broadway) is full of potheads at dark and they always blaze in the park. Never ran into problems there (i used to chill there during high school) but there are a few cops around the street.

Parts of Brooklyn. There used to be an abandoned waterfront in Williamsburg, BK that you could walk into through a hole in the fence. it was a big abandoned stretch of concrete overgrown with weeds and burnt out cars. there would always be hundreds of empty bottles. I used to blaze there every day; now they paved it over and it's a park for Hipsters. But I second the poster above me, East River State Park is a great place to spark in. And so is Prospect Park. If you smoke in public in Manhattan you're just asking for it IMO