PUA thread

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by jnerps, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Be careful with this stuff. Some of its useful but most of its just fluff and junk... especially if you delve too deeply into it.

Just fucking work on you... pots enough.

2. Huh???

3. I may have disagreed with people in this thread, and I'm sure we obviously all smoke weed on this site, but the LAST thing that's helpful when it comes to picking up a girl is being high.

4. Lol I would prob look fucking crazy trying to smack at a girl high.

5. I dont know about you guys, but my social skills go down the drain when im stoned :smoke:

6. #26 Gregsta, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012

ayy sweet, I kinda lost my magic in the night! good example :D

no kidding!! can't smoke on the days I have to try, I get cloudy for a longgg time after!

7. Hahaha. I have been on so many dates where we end up smoking a few hours into hanging out, and I completely lose ambition of furthering my progress. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one :D

I couldn't see myself acting exactly like those guys in the video you posted, OP. But after watching a few of them, I feel a little more confident in myself about going up and talking to strangers. It's pretty funny watching some of that shit.

The truth is, woman want to be approached. They think it's flattery;)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UQFgrJtyB8]Flattery (Prince Paul) - YouTube[/ame]

8. Nice, a pua thread on gc!

I've been studying some NLP lately. I'm trying to get my basics down before I start studying patterns in depth and reading more advanced books like the door.

9. i

NLP.. ah.. I've always been curious about learning NLP, just to use it to my advantage even in the business world :)

10. Okay, so I just got this fine british girl's number today. First number close, not gunna lie im pretty proud of myself right now. Anyways, she's agreed to go out with me. Where should I take her for a first date?

I'm thinking just taking her out for coffee or something, any suggestions?

11. [quote name='"jnerps"']Okay, so I just got this fine british girl's number today. First number close, not gunna lie im pretty proud of myself right now. Anyways, she's agreed to go out with me. Where should I take her for a first date?

I'm thinking just taking her out for coffee or something, any suggestions?[/quote]

Coffee sounds nice

Avoid places like movies and dinners

Movies there is no talking, little contact
    And across from eachother dinners feel like interviews.

Find a nice fun place, nothing like McDonalds but something like sushi etc is pretty neat I find

12. I don't really like the PUA culture so much because they're too rigid, there's too many rules to their "game". I don't think it needs to be that much of a science.

It really is an art, not a science. Ever girl is different, every guy is different, so you really can't come up with a "formula" so to speak. That's not how human interaction works, it's way too complicated for that.

I like a lot of their core concepts though "Be interesting, be confident" all their "routines" and stuff are good, because they're entertaining, but I think it's all a bit impersonal, I hate the canned material people come up with, some guys like it because it means they don't have to have any of their own personality, but that's not helping them in the long run.

The problem with PUA's is they get a bit too focused on trying to churn out "results" that they kind of miss the whole point of the Game.

13. #33 rollinjoints, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    Well, it depends which PUAs you're talking about. There are some methods that don't require any routines. When it comes to male to female attraction, it really is rigid. If you project certain things, girls will be attracted, regardless of her individuality (which is why you can go to clubs and consistently pick up girls). She has been evolutionarily programmed to be attractive to certain traits.

Of course, there might be really weird exceptions, but if a girl doesn't respond to the typical signs of attraction, she usually isn't that attractive to begin with. But I can tell you, the shit works. Of course, all women are different (which is why almost all PUA methods say calibrate and judge based on her reactions), but all women respond to the keys of attraction, just like men.

I've been more interested in RSD methods lately. They're much more effective than the long routines, in my opinion, because they cut down a lot of the work.

Coffee sounds cool. Or invite her over your place.

14. Yeah well that's what I'm saying. I like their core concepts, like displaying confidence and standing out, but I don't like the manufactured nature of what they do.

It's almost like being a magician, you're creating an elaborate illusion, you're not acting naturally, you're referring to a mental handbook, and that's never good, because you never seem like a real person that way. You never relax, you're always thinking, judging, calculating.

I think the best way to learn from those types of people is to take their core concepts and try to incorporate them into your subconscious, into how you live your life.

Like I said, once you start using terms like AMOGs and HB 10s, you're trying to make it a science, and it's no science. Like I said, every girl is different, they're going to react differently in situations. It doesn't mean that things like confidence aren't attractive, because they are, but I just don't like how specific they get, how exact, how perfect they make it.

It doesn't work like that. The "material" is what I have a problem with, because it's not really you, is it? You need to think long term, what if you have to spend months or years with the same woman? You're going to run out of material.

I think it's better to try and develop yourself as a person, to try and really, truly change your personality and how you look at things, instead of inventing a "game" you put on when you need to.

Make your life an awesome ride, and it'll be easy to get a woman to come along, instead of creating the illusion that your life is an awesome ride, when it really isn't all that.

15. Really, the best way to get women is to treat them like you'd treat men. Like, you don't get that nervous feeling, that feeling that you have to be so great, when you're just chillin' with the guys, right? You're just like, whatever man, it is what it is, right?

When you feel like you have to start acting differently when a hot girl is around, you're doing something wrong. You have to live your life in a way that you can just do your thing and girls will come along for the ride. Once you make them your priority, you are fucked.

So I don't like PUA's because they're always looking for a certain reaction, they're really slaves to how women percieve them.

I'd rather think of women like I think of men, hang with the cool ones, and tell the rest to go fuck themselves. I think a lot of guys perceive hot women to be on some different plane than they are. They aren't. They're just as prone to all the weaknesses and insecurities you yourself are plagued with, and many times these women are MORE concerned with these things than you are.

16. I'm sorry, but I think that the "you're cute" tactic is weak. Do you know how often us womenfolk hear that shit?

Be original, be funny, feel her out and create your strategy based on what you see.

You will pick up one kind of girl, with cheap flattery, an insecure one. :)

If that's what you want, have at it.

17. That is what Pickup is about. They don't say "use these exact lines," they say pick lines that evoke the same emotions. A lot of the more recent stuff is not even about routines and more about how you're making the girl feel, which by the way, can be used forever, even after you pick her up. Seduction is an art and a science, I think. If I go to the club, I know that I can attract most girls using certain techniques.

PUA, at the end of the day, is about learning what attracts women and executing it properly. You don't have to use Mystery Method, and most people don't anymore (it is kind of slow). But it works, nonetheless. You're being yourself, just your attractive self. Remaining that confident alpha male, even around other people. Becoming that person that women naturally find attractive.

The entire point of Pickup is to start meeting women and being successful with them. This alone enriches your life. If you've got dates every other day, isn't your life fucking awesome? That's the main goal of it all. So when you talk to a girl, you aren't pretending your life is interesting, it is (even if it weren't, would the alternative be to act like you're boring?).

I think you should read into it more. From the outside it looks like a bag of tricks, but in reality seduction is about improving yourself in order to be more successful with the opposite sex. Don't want to? Don't do it like most men.

I'd usually agree with you, but I've seen it work too many times. In the day, at least, it is the most straightforward way of opening. If you mask "you're pretty cute, so I had to talk to you," in pure confidence and cocky humor, then it'll negate the vulnerability. In other words, you aren't asking "hey your cute, can I talk to you," you're leading the interaction and showing your own value.

18. Watching videos of how to get a girl? Come on man, I think people who are desperate and hopeless come here to feel better about themselves more then people who actually have love and relationships. lol

19. What's your point. That was never implied. Guys like you, who brush off shit like this are missing out big time. But I guess that just leaves more for us, so it's a good thing.

20. That's the worst excuse for an accent I've seen and you don't even have a desirable one. I've been told I sound extremely Canadian (which too me sounds like a slower speaking smarter american) and with my deep voice, my Mexican girlfriend loves it.

I'm not missing out on anything dude I already have a life partner. So really, that leaves less for you. :)