Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

PTSD

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Auqua, Dec 8, 2018.

1. One of my best friends is a Viet Nam vet and suffers extreme ptsd. He's pretty good most of the time but around 7/4 or New Years he lights up early in the day and stays toasted all day/night.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Studies are being conducted with combat veteran volunteers to smoke up to two joints of marijuana a day to determine if this will help relieve systems of PTSD. To begin with, the volunteers will have to have been previously diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder.

There is a two-week assessment and screening in which four different types of marijuana will be introduced. There will also be a placebo substitution introduced at any time during the testing.

Initially, the veterans will be watched for the first four hours after smoking to make sure that nothing adverse happens. At both the beginning and the end of the 12-week testing period, there is a physical and extensive physiological assessment, in addition to regular body monitoring and blood tests.

Reference: 3 New Attempts to Help With PTSD: PAWS, Massage and Medical Marijuana

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. #23 Headhunterpipes, Mar 13, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    PTSD
    Its not a disorder drop the D.
    Put anyone around people dying or dead people or people getting hurt or years of a dysfunctional life style and it fucks your head up.............
    I am Vietnam Veteran,,I was off the coast Vietnam during the fall Saigon, and we evacuated 166,000 people against orders... I got hurt from over loaded helicopter that crash on the fantail of our ship
    I spent the next 2 1/2 in or attach to military hospitals because I was getting blood clots, not the dime sized scape metal that they took out of my leg.
    The fucking horror story is watching everyone in ICU dying, I think I was in ICU for about 6 months.
    Fucks my head up,,,,,,,,,,,,,I cry, I am crying now.
    Yes that stuff is permanent in your head.. If its not you have other problems.
    Its not a disorder, its normal,,,,too those who think its a disorder, well i guess you just would had to been there.
    I am rated at 260%disabled but only get paid for 100% disability,
    100% for my legs 100% lungs.60 % for my back.
    LOL I have been cut beyond imagination,
    Frankenstein has nothing on me from the belt line down.
    And I hurt,,, I scream in pain daily ,,, I wonder how much longer I will be able walk.

I smoke weed like freight train, 24/7 holds my head together. I don't drink alcohol I i don't do meth or anything like that except like every 5 years i will do mushrooms.
    Which is being researched to treatment of people who suffer from depression.
    You very well look to magic mushrooms for treatment. Easy to grow too.
    My stash jars are 5 gallon plastic buckets with screw on Gamma lid.
    I like Sativa Strains, I really like the Haze strains , Amnesia Haze, G 13 Haze.
    I can post to seed banks so you can order some.
    Its one moment at a time I hope you the best.

• Informative Informative x 1