Ptsd

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Papa Puff, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Hey my farmers I was just watching the TiVo episode of weeds 3 on CNN with Sanjay Gupta. Have any of you seen it? This is pretty much my calling and the Cannabis and weed scene. Instead of making money I'd rather heal people with it? So by watching the show they are saying that they're doing all these studies and they're acting like one certain strain helps the vets and I guess other people with PTSD. There's one particular guy that is really doing well and was on the show so I dropped him an email telling him I would love to talk to him about his condition and would love to help get involved in things like that see if he gets back to me. So have you guys read or heard anything about a certain strain that helps PTSD and not just weed?. So one of the points they made in the show is that they really don't know what the long-term effects is from weed. I just told him you'll be okay cuz I smoked a pound of month for 40 years lol anyways love to hear your guys thoughts on this and gals

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. I just seen amnesia haze was best but idk there was link after link saying besy 3 strain....best 10 and best 5....my bet is on it varies from person to person just my .2cent

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

3. heres a article you might find insteresting on leafly
    https://www.leafly.com/news/health/cannabis-and-post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd

“Researchers found that people with PTSD had lower levels of anandamide, an endogenous cannabinoid compound, compared to those who did not show signs of PTSD,” Lee wrote, “Innate to all mammals, anandamide (our inner cannabis, so to speak) triggers the same receptors that are activated by THC and other components of the marijuana plant.”

In other words, one pillar of PTSD is an endocannabinoid deficiency: the body stops producing enough endocannabinoids to fill receptor sites, and this is where the cannabinoids found in marijuana play a therapeutic role. By replenishing these missing endocannabinoids with those found in cannabis, researchers think marijuana pharmaceuticals might bring PTSD patients relief from their memories.

“Scientists have determined that normal CB-1 receptor signaling deactivates traumatic memories and endows it with the gift of forgetting,” Lee said, “But skewed CB-1 signaling, due to endocannabinoid deficits (low serum levels of anandamide), results in impaired fear extinction, aversive memory consolidation, and chronic anxiety, the hallmarks of PTSD.”

4. Heres 5 best strains to treat PSTD so they say >the blue dream and pineapple i agree 100%
    Bubblelicous isnt on the list but it has a high CBD content and worked great for me, love it

1 – Blue Dream Cannabis Strain
    This Sativa-dominant cannabis strain is grown in the state of California and is one of the most popular marijuana strains around. As well as providing you with an element of mental invigoration, it provides you with soothing full-body relaxation. Blue Dream is a balanced hybrid with a pleasant Blueberry and Haze aroma. It has an extremely high THC content of between 17 and 24 percent with a CBD content of between 0.1 and 0.2 percent. Blue Dream helps you ease into social interactions and promotes a significant uplift in your mood.

2 – OG Kush Cannabis Strain
    OG Kush marijuana strain has become immensely popular since its introduction in the 1990s. The exact origin of this cannabis strain is a mystery although it is possibly a mix between Hindu Kush and Chemdawg. Although not everyone is in agreement, it is likely that ‘OG’ stands for Ocean Grown with a nod towards its Californian heritage.

It is ideal for people with PTSD because it provides a pleasant and euphoric effect. It does a remarkable job of calming your entire body which makes it perfect for a relaxing evening. Its THC content is between 20 and 24 percent with a CBD content of 0.2 percent.

3 – Pineapple Express Cannabis Strain
    If you’re reading this page, you’ve probably heard of the movie ‘Pineapple Express’ which depicts this strain of marijuana as a powerful super bud. In reality, it is smooth and well-balanced. Users experience a feeling of clear-headedness which makes it the strain of choice for creative individuals.

If you have PTSD and want to go out and about but are feeling anxious, use some Pineapple Express to allay your fears. It will ease your anxiety but ensure you’re still a highly functioning individual. Its THC content is approximately 20 percent, and its CBD content is 0.1 percent.

4 – Master Kush Cannabis Strain
    Just to be clear, the Master Kush cannabis strain is probably not ideal for beginners because it is rather potent. Put it this way; this strain is popular in Amsterdam coffee houses which should give you some idea as to its strength.

However, if you have PTSD, have used cannabis before and have problems sleeping, Master Kush could be the answer to your prayers. Insomniacs will love this strain as it provides a blissful and euphoric sensation as it guides you to sleep. Its THC content is 20 percent while its CBD content is 1 percent.

5 – Cannatonic Cannabis Strain
    This strain is very much a daytime delight due to its exceptionally high CBD content. Cannatonic provides you with a relaxed and calming sensation, but you’ll also notice a major improvement in your mood along with a marked reduction in anxiety. If your PTSD is causing you to get angry, take some Cannatonic to calm you down. Its THC content is 6 percent while its CBD content ranges from 6 to 17 percent.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nirvana has a new high CBD strain i want to try called 24
    TwentyFour

6. I saw this

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. I talked to the guy in there told him i would love to help. His wifes concerns were long term use. I told him i smoked a pound a month for 40 years so relax. He didnt say one way or the other about getting involved. I told him tell sanjay i will be a good lab rat bahahahahaaa
    Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. The only strains I ever felt relief from depression and pain are the high-CBD varieties. OTOH, I have noticed some of the high-THC strains I've tried actually make pain feel worse, for me. The metabolic and chemical interactions of different strains are so widely varied it's really a crapshoot figuring out what works best for a particular person's unique condition. You just need to try different stuff and figure out what works for you.

• Like Like x 1