Psychotic american soldier murders 16 civilians in their sleep.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by PeruvianDank, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Thats awesome.I have a nephew that studies a lot of those courses also in college.Doesn't necessarily mean that he knows exactly what's going on.Most of what people learn about these courses are generalizations and speculation on behalf of others.

Anyway my point was that everyone has some sort of opinion on how a country should be run or what should be done about something.The truth is, it won't ever matter.No one knows how to run a perfect country because you can't make everyone happy all of the time for one.

And for two, yes we may be the "strongest, richest, most powerful country in the world". Would we be if we didn't make the decisions that some people dislike? Who is to say what war is wrong and which one is right? Wars aren't wrong or right. Wars just are. They happen. Get over it. By all means feel free to push the peace vote.I'd love for my brothers in arms to come home also, but sadly I live in the United States of America where shit happens not La-La land where the unicorns run free and everyone holds hands under rainbows that last forever.

If "we the people" wanted to live in a peaceful country, I'm sure we'd either find a way to make it happen here or move somewhere less violent, but in the end ( and I hate to say this) most people don't give a fuck. There's tons of hoopla about how they wish this and wish things were this way. Take a look around friend. If there was a push for change it would've happened a long time ago.

I'm sure the books tell you a whole lot of things about how the government works and the political dealings and everything you need to memorize to "know your stuff". And I'm pretty sure whoever teaches you is very qualified at his job. But in the end what are you going to do with your studies? Are you going to be able to take your beliefs about America The Big Bad Wolf and somehow change things?????

Just a thought.....:wave:

2. I agree, the US government is using their military for some fucked up stuff, but lots of soldiers themselves are decent people, and it really doesn't make much sense saying "hey, one guy who happened to be a soldier went crazy, man all soldiers in US military must be homicidal maniacs!" follow me? This is a really stupid reason to hate the US military.

3. Shit like this happens all the time, only the newsworthy stories every actually hit American publications though.

4. your whole life as a child you believe death to be a dark and evil thing. That taking another human life would drentch you in the blood of the lamb. Now your in war, your loosing blood, you see your buddy's brains get shot outta his head, you hear screams. Then silence. Your no longer a human, but a machine instead. This man diden't murder these people. America murdered these people. Society shot them dead in there sleep, God did not do this to his children

5. I love how no one is blaming the video games, esp. on a stoner forum!

This is horrible, but to be honest, it's nothing new. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the people that sacrifice and risk their lives for a cause that THEY PERSONALLY BELIEVE is just and I can never criticize them for that. I think the screening process is to blame, but honestly, psychopaths are the best ones at hiding their behavior.

6. You dont actually believe video games cause this right?

7. HOLEY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! a ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

8. And they wonder why 9/11 happend...

9. [quote name='"cball"']

HOLEY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! a ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Postworthy Thread.

10. Well, if the US did withdraw from the Middle East that would remove the reason for a lot of the animosity they feel for the States over there. Contrary to propaganda, most Middle Easterners have no problem with the States. They just have a problem with their countries being occupied and fucked with by foreigners. Wouldn't you resent it if Afghanistan was the superpower in the world and they sent troops here to North America?

Withdraw, and the hate towards the US decreases, reducing the risk of a terrorist attack. Not that there have been many since 9/11, despite this supposed huge "terrorist" threat. :smoke:

11. Funny you should say that because I've known a lot of them personally and have spent a ton of time of over there. ;) I know how the community feels about soldiers being over there. Some threw rocks at us while our convoys passed but for the most part a good amount of them were very happy. Not as happy as if it was all over but still enough to not want to do us any harm. Also Contrary to popular belief, a big operation that we do have going is also building up and training their troops to fight against any threat they deem harmful. So a census of the people actually showed that they were happy to actually have an military force of their own and the participation of their former civilians are a perfect show of how they feel.

There hasn't been many threats on the U.S but a lot on allies. I'm sure if we all just jumped on a plane, shook hands, and went home.Everything would go back to normal and we'd be friends again but I wonder who'd be left in the turmoil.

Then again what do I know I'm just a old veteran :D

12. if we left the middle east alone then the terrorists would collectively board their aircraft/military sea vessels and invade the united states. duh. thats why we're fighting them over there. :p

ferreal though, war keeps the whole party going. either it continues or people demand a change in what sort of technology runs modern society.

13. I'm just surprised it was acknowledged at all in the first place. Couldn't they just have lied and called them terrorists?

14. Well the USA usually only lies about stuff it actually did. We can't really blame the USA for this soldier going crazy.

15. Can't we? That's one of my favourite things to do though... :(

16. they are going to retaliate ? weren't they going to retaliate for killing osama ?

17. Blah blah blah we should be nice to other countries oh, and while youre at it, reduce taxes and lower gas prices amirite?

18. [quote name='"pheelgood"']Yeah..ptsd isnt a joke at all.. unless you have been to war i dont think its right to judge this soldier. Sure, its fucked up and he should be punished.. but you really think HE did this? The guys in war, shit happens, your mind gets fucked up. You do things you don't even realize you are doing. Condolences to the afghans, and the soldier and his family.[/quote]

My uncle commited suicide before you had to go back ... His 13 yr old son found him ... He hung himself in the backyard tree

19. No offense (who am I, anyway) but everytime I see an american say something like this, I want to shoot myself in the face, maybe it's just the nationalism (that I despise, whatever country it's from)

anyway, rant of the day :hello:

20. Maybe he didn't act like he have a condition, but showed it after he got in