Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Psychosis-type state whenever smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Lice, May 16, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I'm not necessarily new to pot smoking, but I have what maybe a 'apprentice' question.

Anyway, whenever I smoke, no matter how good (or bad) the weed is, I always have an extreme psychotic breakdown. I see a whole bunch of shapes, and I have MAJOR tunnel vision. I can barely speak - and I'm set deep into thought.

It's not a bad feeling, it can be somewhat fun. I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder recently, is this what could be triggering it? Or is this how it should be? I don't like to smoke with people anymore because it can get rather embarrassing, I feel they are talking about me and how I react to the weed (which they probably are, I wouldn't blame them).

So, is this normal? Is it some sort of allergic reaction maybe?

If you need to know anymore, feel free to ask.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Paranoia is normal with weed. Goes with the territory. My nephew is also bipolar and has to be very careful what type of weed he uses. During his depressive episodes he goes with a nice sativa. When he is having a manic episode he goes with a strong dominant indica. You'll want to stay away from the sativa while you're in a manic episode. It will intensify the episode.

3. Thanks for the reply. But I don't know what strain I have until I smoke it, usually because my supplier doesn't even know. I'll be more careful, though. And again, thanks :hello:

4. The best advice I can give you, sadly, is simply to quit smoking. Or at the very least, cut the frequency of your intake down significantly.

Until you are able to regulate your condition, Cannabis is not worth triggering episodes like this.

5. The thing is, I'm not a frequent smoker. Maybe a few times a month.
    A fellow Coloradan btw. :)

6. Amen, brother.

7. #7 Totah Sam, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
    That's strange. I live in New Mexico and only about 70 miles from Durango Colorado. Both states are medical states so everyone usually knows what strain they're getting. Have you asked your dealer if he can get you some specific strains? Luckily I can shop around and get a good idea of what's available. Right now there is a lot of green crack making the rounds. AK47 as well. Do some internet research in seed bank websites and that will give you a good idea of what is what. Good luck :)

8. I am Bipolar, though not as considerally as bad as alot of people, including my mom. Though I believe in most cases, it helps in more ways then it would ever harm, in my view atleast.