Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Psychological Withdrawls From Quitting Cold Turkey?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 2pacalypse420, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Why would i lie about my heighth?

An i havent weighed myself in like a year, last time i checked 135. I was 6'4

Im not anorexic. I like food.

2. [quote name='"2pacalypse420"']

Why would i lie about my heighth?

An i havent weighed myself in like a year, last time i checked 135. I was 6'4

Im not anorexic. I like food.[/quote]

the fuck man thats WAY too skinny for your height.

3. Hey man, I'm sure OP already knows that. No need to make him feel worse.

4. [quote name='"washedmothafuka"']

Hey man, I'm sure OP already knows that. No need to make him feel worse.[/quote]

I'm not. I just think he weighs more than that. There's no way you can be 135 and 6'4 without looking like you're starving yourself to death.

5. Then you really need to go to the doctor, because you have a tapeworm or something. The lowest you should weigh at 6'4 is 161, and that's the low spectrum.

6. I've never experienced a withdrawl from quitting marijuana cold turkey. A loss of appetite (from all the damn munchies!), harder to sleep, boredom, mild depression from not being high. It's hardly enough to call it a withdrawl.

7. [quote name='"jizzledfreq"']...A loss of appetite (from all the damn munchies!), harder to sleep, boredom, mild depression from not being high. It's hardly enough to call it a withdrawl.[/quote]

difficulty sleeping and mild symptoms of depression are psychological withdrawal symptoms. Marijuana has no physical withdrawals, but some, not all, people experience some of these psychological withdrawal symptoms.

8. [quote name='"deoxygenated"']

Then you really need to go to the doctor, because you have a tapeworm or something. The lowest you should weigh at 6'4 is 161, and that's the low spectrum.[/quote]

Forreal this guy cannot be 135. lol thats what i weighed when i was 5'8. and even that is skinny as fuck for a male thats 5'8.

9. im about 64 and wiegh 140-150 something...

i eat food all day man, and dont gain wieght. its part of why i want to stop smoking weed.

i dont really do anything else tho either besides weed. the occasional alcoholic beverage.
    thats it. i do stay active tho also. everyday.

10. i finally quit weed well quit smoking it everyday i whent threw the withdrawal and it was horrible but worst of it only lasted 1 month and with the appetite thing that only lasted for 4 days for me but if i get depressed which is part of the withdrawal for me i do not feel like eating food at all its so fucked i mean even if i had kfc,mc donalds, dominoes any fast food or even a meal cooked by the worlds best chef lined up in front of me i just wont even feel like eating it and if i try ill feel like vomiting but i got over that now im just gonna start smoking weed how it started out to be only twice a week but ive only been clean for 2 months at 5 months or 7 months ill start smoking have fresh curing bud for when my breaks over and yea man i wasnt getting high at all except a lazy tired high that fucking sucked and the only reason i kept on smoking was because i didnt wanna go through the withdrawal

11. psychological withdrawal is real, and it's a bitch.

12. Didn't read through the thread, but to touch on a few points,

1) Yes, psychological withdrawal from cannabis is in fact a real psychological disorder which is in the process of being induced into a list of "mental disorders". I don't have the specific link, but it is true. Don't be alarmed though, because even though it's classified as such, it's not that bad.
    2) You'll experience symptoms like fatigue, headache, nausea, irritability, night sweats(omfg), insomnia, will last a coupla days.
    3) There's no such thing as fast metabolism(totally unrelated but anyway), most "fast metabolisms people" just don't eat enough. Skinny people usually just think they eat too much when theyve eaten very little. There are actual scientific studies I can link y'all, but you can also just head over to bodybuilding.com and search it yourself.

13. Lol you've got to be joking. I eat more than most fat kids and I don't gain weight. Can I see these scientific studies? It has been proven some people have faster metabolisms than others, thats why some people eat 2000 calories a day and weigh 300 pounds, and other people can eat 4000 a day and not put on any weight

14. Eat some food my boy

15. i'm thinking of just stopping cold turkey, for a month at least, and if im feeling good from it maybe for longer. i've been smoking pretty much daily for a about 4 years, with the odd dry spells of not having good contacts in the first year or so, but for at least the last year maybe even 2, i cant remember a day without a smoke. and if i've been short one evening i'll become very edgy, easily aggravated, sleepless, and just no ability to relax my mind and body.
    so basically i just want to stop and try to lose some of the dependability i seem to have developed for her. im also curios as to how it feels not to be stoned most of the time, or in that next day haze. i cant really remember, i don't know what i'll do to pass the time.
    i figure the only way im realistically going to do it, is if i just delete all my contacts, (after noting them down somewhere and giving them to someone to hold onto)and just stopping.
    progressively cutting down bit doesnt work for me,  i just toke it, cant help myself. 
    i am well and truly smitten, how do i cut her off for a bit? , is there certain things that work well to keep your mind off of toking up, or how much you want to?
    i work in quite a busy environment and have to talk to lots of people and feel approachable each day, will i experience any withdrawals which may make me anxious in these situations if i haven't been smoking for a few days?
    is there anything i should be prepared for?
    any advise would be great, i'm dreading it, but i think i've got to do it.
    thanks for your consideration yo

16. im on day 3 of my break after 3 months of being high, and have eaten nothing but a few grapes here and there.

i feel your pain. i hope i can eat within the next few days here because i already look like ive lost a few pounds