Psychological Addiction to Marijuana

Discussion in 'General' started by dontfearthegovt, Feb 2, 2007.

1. How many of you would say that you are psychologically addicted to weed?
    How many of you smoke every day? On days that you do not smoke, do you crave it? How often do you think about smoking during the day? Do you plan your days around smoking weed?
    Do any of you think/know you are addicted to weed?

I am not trying to prove anything, I am just curious. I find myself thinking about weed all the time. I think I might be smoking too much. On average, I usually smoke 6 out of 7 days of the week and I usually smoke several times a day when I have bud. On days like today that I don't have any weed, I start thinking about it a lot and I start to crave it. Since I am almost completely broke, I decided that I won't be buying any more weed this weekend or next week, or at least until I have a little bit of money to spare.

2. I could quit if I wanted to... but why? I really like being high, much better than being sober...

But when Im not high, I do think about weed a lot, thats the only problem I have. If I were to quit, I would be unhappy about it for awhile, but would easily be able to get past that.

3. I enjoy MJ very much just like the next person on this forum. I can't really say I am addicted to it, but I do have it all the time. This is because I don't smoke a lot and I buy good size quantities when I pickup. I do smoke everyday but only once I get home and in relaxation mode. The thing to do is keep active and don't let it run your life.

I know for myself, when I am at work or working on school assignments I do not think about MJ. As soon as I get free time though - I'm all about smoking MJ!

4. i take special care not to become psycologicaly dependent...this summer i noticed that i really felt like i needed it so i quit for a month just to make sure i could...the plain and simple fact is that if you do something enough and make it part of a daily schedule then it will become a habit and you will be dependent...not that its a bad thing anyways as long as u still enjoy it:)

5. Same for me. If I didn't smoke the days would just be so much more boring. Especially lately since I don't really do much during the day cause my car is broken. Smoking makes it a lot easier to entertain yourself...

6. She smokes Kamel Reds. I saw those at the gas station when I went to pick up some buns for dinner. I thought of you. That was in no way hitting on you. I just realized I hadn't had a Kamel Red in awhile. But I'm trying to avoid cigs.

7. I think I might have a little bit of an addiction. Over the past few months I have smoked a few times a day. Now, I'm quitting for probably a month due to job reasons, and I'm on day 1. I already find myself wanting weed.

8. i smoked daily first semester and stopped for three weeks during finals and when i was at home over break. not a big deal, didnt crave it. ive been smoking daily since and stopped four days ago because i was sick. i think about smoking because i like it, but i dont crave it.

9. I've been smoking a few times everyday lately, and of course enjoy it. I think about bud sometimes during the day, not much though. I enjoy knowing the fact that I can smoke when I get home, wake up, etc. It feels like a reward, the day is so much better. Like I don't want to wake up for work, "O wait, I can smoke a blunt, niceeee"
    Shit like that, im not addicted though. I could stop if I needed, i take t breaks every few months, too clear my head. I should start taking breaks more often. damn im blasted.

10. I didn't think I was until the first time I actually had to stop for rehab and for the law.

I had been smoking for 2 years straight, I took a 3 month break in the first year to prove to myself I could. But I tried again the second year, and I couldn't.

I haven't smoked for over a month due to my evaluation tomorrow, but I think if you have gone months without it once. You learn to live without it alot easier the next time you have to, or choose to quit.

11. I think the problems come in when there is no cash. It's a lot easier to control how often you smoke when you know that the next time you really want to, you have the cash. Being broke makes the time that much harder.

12. I know that I can stop if I have to. I stopped cold turkey for 2 years once becuase of the constant threat of drug tests from the parents (but I wasnt an everyday smoker then) and in september I stopped for 3 months or so for the same reason but when I started up again up till now ive just been smoking so fucking much. I havent had any today and I'm not like shaking craving it, but I keep on thinking to myself "it wont hurt if I go out and buy a dime right now" but then I remind myself that I promised that I wont buy it for a while, at least until I get outta debt.

Tomorrow, friday, is going to fucking suck. I always buy weed on fridays so i can party up on the weekend. One of my friends is going to have to pull through and smoke me out tomorrow because the last two days have been mad stressful.

13. i used to smoke every single day for about 3 months. ive been searching for a job recently so i havnt smoked in a couple of weeks, its not too big of a deal, but when im chilling at home after a long day i find myself wanting it pretty bad. i get word tomorow if i got the job or not so after i get that hooked up in gnna be highhhhhh as helllll

14. Nah, I don't really have an addicting personality... At all...

15. fuck yeah i'm addicted psychologically. i go through about a 3 day withdrawl on my T-breaks where i don't sleep well and can't eat much at all

16. There is no such thing as a purely psychological addiction to weed. If you are addicted, it is as much physical as it is mental.

17. Haha awesome, Kamel Reds are mighty fine... :p

18. I have been on a break for 4 days now and the last two i have woken up in a cold sweat and im not sleeping easy any more. Just sayin.

19. Yes you can be psychologically dependent on weed, because when I don't have it I think about it alot, but at the same time I don't stress out over it, I have other things to occupy my time till I re-up again...

The first couple of days of dryness suck really bad though..

20. I dunno, I'm not too sure. I gotta toke up daily, but when I'm in a situation where I cant toke; say, I'm at my folks place or staying with family, I just tend to find something else to do and don't think too much about getting high. BUT, leave me in a dorm room with some dank bud and EVERY night I will come up with an excuse to blaze. It doesnt really bother me, I know If I don't have money for weed, that's that. Not like I'm gonna sell my roommate's speakers for cash or something like that. So while it's here I might as well smoke up. And you can always find a good reason/excuse, but when all else fails, just remember;

You never know when you're gonna die. Could be today, could be tomorrow.

Now, go find that lighter. Smoke that J like it's your last ;-)