psychobilly

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by chuckaloony, Apr 19, 2007.

1. have you heard of it or heard the actual music?
    if you have, what do you think about it?

2. The only band in that genre that I listen to is Reverend Horton Heat, they rule

"It's a Texas Psychobilly Freakout!"

3. Tiger Army kicks ass!

They're the only psychobilly band i've ever actually listened to. They rock hard though.

4. Pssh Tiger Army are like the worst band in psychobilly.

Its all about Mad Sin, Demented Are Go!, Reverand Horton Heat, The Meteors, etc

The first Horrorpops album was good but the second one sucks. The Necromantix suck.

Stray Cats arn't really psychobilly, but they were an important part of the formation of the scene, and they kick ass as well.

I dunno download Mad Sin's album Dead Moon Calling for some serious psychobilly.

5. yeah mad sin is cool demented are go as well
    have you heard of frantic flinstones? there cool

6. I like some of it. Reverend Horton heat is great, and Necromantix and Tiger Army.

7. Kings of Nuttin acctually are probably my favorite band in psychobilly, Fight Song for Fuckups is an amazing song.

8. Kings of Nuthin aren't pyschobilly. Psychobilly is characterized by the horror, Kings of Nuthin take much more influence from Rhythm and Blues as well as swing, as well.

I like rockabilly altogether. I generally like psychobilly that sticks to the original sound, although I do love The Meteors.

9. i have no idea what any of you are talking about besides music, its a pyschobilly freakout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guitar hero is almost = to halo 2 , yeah i said it bitch.

10. Pyschobilly isn't really characterized by the horror punk thing, they tend to be influenced by it, but its really any blending of rockabilly and punk sound.

11. It most definitely is. Don't fool yourself. That's where the roots are.

12. One of the funest psychobilly bands I have ever seen were Thee Merry Widows, saw them with the Misfits. Psychobilly is an altogether great style of music, from the ghostyl vocals, that thunderin' slap n' pop stand-up bass, the reverb/echo on the gutars and drums so sharp they could cut diamonds!

Long Live Psychobilly!

13. Nekromantix and Tiger Army are the 2 i mostly listen to, anybody checked out Rezurex? fucking awesome shit

14. I actually purchased the $5 AMP Psychbilly comp. It had some of the best psycho that I have heard. Mad Sin, Rezuex, and alot of others, I'll post up the list when I get back to my computer.

15. The Misfits of '77

Really, the only band I've heard of that would fit under the genre psychobilly. But either way, I've been listening to them forever and I still think that they're an awesome band.

Last Caress is a classic.

16. I've always thought the misfits were a little over rated.

17. You would be so wrong

Last Caress
    Hybrid Moments
    Where Eagles Dare
    Halloween
    Saturday Night
    We Are 138
    Attitude

So many great songs

18. They are way over-rated. Many better bands from the time.

19. They arn't bad or anything, they just arn't that good either. My favorite song is probably Mommy, Can I Go Out and Kill Tonight?

And where eagles dare.

But yeah there are just much, much better punk bands out there.

20. Fuckin' boondox, search for him and DL his latest ep pumpkinhed.