Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Psychedelic's CannaHoney Spiced Nuts (for accomplished Canna Cooks)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by PsychedelicSam, Mar 24, 2012.

1. I say "accomplished" because my honey elixir is not found anywhere else other than our kitchens. If you can find it at a dispensary or co-op, then this is a relatively easy and potent snack. I can honestly say that my elixir will get you very buzzed with just a half dropper under the tongue. There is a minuscule amount of alcohol in it that evaps off when it heats up or hits the air, like vanilla extract. Technically, it is an extract. There is a double whammy here because butter is also used and, you guessed it, of course you use cannabutter. I'll assume everyone knows how to make that or can find out easily. There's not a lot of either ingredient in here, but the honey by itself would be adequate. If anyone sincere wants a copy of the honey elixir recipe, I'll be glad to post it. I just haven't written it up yet.

Here's the nuts:

Makes 3 cups
    •\t1/2 cup Cannabis honey
    •\t2 Tablespoons Cannabis butter,
    •\t1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel/orange extract
    •\t1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    •\t3 cups raw nuts, (walnuts, pecans, cashews, almonds, etc.)
    Stovetop Method: In heavy pan, combine honey, butter, orange peel, and cinnamon. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium and cook to 235F. Stir in nuts, and continue to stir 4 to 5 minutes more, until nuts are glazed. Pour onto parchment paper or buttered foil and spread into a single layer to cool. Oven Method: Preheat oven to 325F. Line a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with foil. Tear another sheet of foil the same size and place on counter; butter both. Pour nuts into pan; set aside. In a microwave-safe, 1-cup measure, combine honey, 2 Tablespoons butter, orange peel, and cinnamon. Microwave 60 to 90 seconds, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Pour honey mixture over nuts and stir until all are coated. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven and pour onto reserved buttered foil, spreading nuts into a single layer to cool. Store in air tight container.

3 or 4 nuts will get you a nice buzz. :smoke:

2. MMM Sounds delicious!!! Too bad I will probaly never be able to make it haha. Thanks for posting tho :)

3. I'm very curious about the honey recipe!

4. I'm going to start that "honey elixir" recipe very soon, day or two, but I have a couple more using different methods and then trying to tell if any are better or easier. But I will share these with you soon. First method first, though, since I know that was great. But know I know that the second method was primo now, so this third batch may be the killer. Who knows? If I fall over on this one, at least I'll be happy. Stay tuned. The honey recipes will be posted on a separate thread I think, since this is a recipe for after that elixir is made. You'll love it if you love honey and a buzz.:smoke: