Psychedelic trio - violin and 2 guitars - Please Listen!

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by RockyRaccoon, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Before you jump to any conclusions, understand i'm not some kid unabashedly repping his garage band. What i would like to share is simply a recording of some live jams played by myself and a friend on guitar, and a friend of his on violin. The sound we achieved in playing together is very psychedelic and new wave-ish, with blues elements and ambient portions. I think you guys will like it, so please check it out, and if you have a myspace friend the page:

www.myspace.com/shedjams

help spread the joy of improvisational music!

2. i like that alot dude.

although i think there should be more dramatical changes and transitions

3. yeah we really didn't plan anything before jamming so each is confined to one key. there is, however, a 10 minute G Major jam that i have yet to upload that has a few distinct segments.

4. Very very cool man. I'm listening to Fun with E blues. The violin adds that certain spark of old times, sounds great with everything together. Tension in D minor is really good too, so's the other one. Keep it up, I think you may just have something here...

5. yeah definately keep it up
    if you upload the g major please tell us

6. sounds pretty good, i really dig the violin. i think it would have sonded even better if your rythem guitar volume was turned down a bit + try plying with a bass its a lot of fun.

7. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

we were pretty lucky to have the instruments come out as balanced as they were since we just sat in a room with a microphone hanging from the cieling. but yeah, next time we might try to equalize it a better.

8. that sounds really good man. definitely no need to apologize for repping that, youve really got something good going here. Id love to hear more.

ps. really diggin the vocals on D major, very passionate.

9. You gotta pretty cool sound goin for you man! Add some percussion and that would just sound unbelievable! I like what I heard!!! :hello:

10. Thanks Souther, i was actually jamming along to the recordings yesterday with my djembe and it sounded pretty cool.

Thanks stneod, to answer your question in the PM (maybe i'm just a stoner but i can't find the reply button), I sing throughout the entire song and my buddy louis backs me up in the D Minor bridge parts ("she asked me to stay...","she told me she works in the morning," etc.)