Psychedelic Art

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Tree dogg, Nov 20, 2016.

1. I thought we could use a thread representing some of your favorite Psychedelic Art.
    I have been recently turned onto the current trend of live art at concerts and festivals. Here are a couple of my favorites from a festival this past summer, The Great North Music and Arts festival.

The Bridge Brothers painted this throughout the weekend. They have amazing detail in this very layered painting. I think it was about 8' x 8'. This was done with brushes.

bridgebrosgr8nrth.jpg

And another favorite From Otis Chamberlin and Bryan Itch.
    This was huge! 24' x 16'. This was done with spray paint.

gr8nrth_Otis_Bryan.jpg

It was very cool watching these paintings progress during the weekend. I got to meet and ask the artists questions which was awesome. They were all very cool and laid back.

More to come...

Let's see what you guys like.

• Like Like x 15
  2. I have a mosaic that @LoveisKind made me. I also have a few space pictures that me and my mom made with friends. Oldschool.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Random Shit

By Thomas Calicchio

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  4. I always like Peter Max's psychedelic art. His stuff has been around as long as I can remember and I'm an old fart lol!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
    • Like Like x 2
  5. what
    the
    fuck

That is trippy.

I had to hold my laptop screen at an angle to realize the picture is not moving.

• Like Like x 8

6. Here's some music to listen while we groove on the art..........

• Like Like x 5
  7. Google psychedelic optical illusion art..........you'll be trippin'.

• Like Like x 4
  8. @Chunk I'll have to google that shit. So cool...if you stare in the middle on the black blob everything stops....but as soon as you look anywhere else it all comes alive.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Pink Floyd psychedelic art

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  10. If you don't know Gong, you might want to get to know Gong. This video animated Daevid Allen's drawings.

For those that know me from way back, I had a Gong avatar for a long time

• Like Like x 4
  11. If we're posting videos, you guys should check this out. It will blow your mind!

• Like Like x 4
  12. So, I'm looking at foreign psychedelic art... But I can't really tell what I'm looking at. Is it okay if I post? It's cool. It kinda looks like... I dunno, a girl or guy? It's awesome, but I just don't really know what it is... Not nudity.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Like this? :p.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have decided *not* to post the one I was questioning about, because you can kinda see nipples and it is a bit too weird, :p. A bit too edgy for GC, soz, family!

• Like Like x 5
  14. Great posts everyone!

• Like Like x 4
  15. Surprised no one has mention Alex Grey yet..
    IMG_4021.JPG IMG_4022.JPG

How I found out about him.. my favorite band..
    IMG_4023.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  16. Yes!! He is a master!

Good call @Jimmyyahoo

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8