psych ward/mental hospital

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by blazexfree, May 26, 2019.

1. hi all posting this cause i can't smoke weed for a while and am bored out of my mind so i thought id share my story

id been smoking weed for like 2 years left school last year and started smoking all day every day for the past year and i got some mental health issues over the last year. I personally don't think it was from the weed if anything it helped my anxiety/paranoia but i was probably abusing it a bit, i think i just had a rough first year out of school and it put me in a bad way but it was never anything that crazy. But anyway my parents ended up admitting me to a mental hospital 2 months ago for 10 days the worst 10 days of my life they treated me so bad in there and put me on all these drugs and were trying to say i had schizophrenia and it was all caused from weed and i could never smoke it again and they told my parents all this. So i got discharged after the ten days but the hospital set this plan up where Im forced to take my meds see a psychologist and possibly be drug tested. Fortunately my parents agreed to take me of the meds because of side effects and ive been going really well the last two months without the meds. i have been 2 months without weed and its been so hard i have even resorted to smoking cigarettes which i don't even like just for something to smoke. i thought i could just take a few months break of weed and then only do it once or twice a week but i think the doctors are going to be drug testing me for a while. All i wanna do is just kick back and enjoy a joint like the old days but i can't for possibly a really long time. Whenever i smoked i always felt so chilled and relaxed with no anxiety it never made me paranoid or anything thats why i feel like it was traumatic things i wouldn't let go off that caused my anxiety/paranoia and not the weed but my parents/doctors will never believe that fortunately one of my parents friends convinced them that i could do it again so there not fully anti weed they even said i could start growing it at home after 12 months so its not all bad. i just don't know how im going to get through all this time without weed i miss it so much and im a stoner at heart. Has anyone else gone through something similar to this? or can anyone share some tips on going ages without weed, thanks all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. If you don't mind, how old are you? Secondly, do you feel like you are having any mental health issues at all?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Look man, I'll say it up front. You won't die without weed.
    At this point, take your mind off weed. Toss the bongs, the pipes. Your stoner stuff, all that.

Or if you're over 18 get your own place. You don't have to consent to drug tests so fuck them

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. 19 and no i feel good i never felt like i had schizophrenia or anything that serous i was just holding on to a lot bullshit and was getting stressed over stuff in the past instead of letting go.

5. Sounds a bit like my cycle with bipolar or whatever the technical name is these days. I think it is a very long shot. To say that you have schizophrenia is odd unless you told them you are hearing or seeing things that are not there, or having extreme paranoia that cuases you to fear for your life. I feel that no matter who you are or how well your life is going a therapist is a wonderful place to let all the shit you are thinking out, especially if you are a person like me who bottles things up until reeking havoc at anyone who steps into my path that day. Dont stress even if you have to go to a psych doctor or the fact of possibly having schizophrenia with the right medication and counseling just about anything can be overcome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. You know blazexfree, I can relate to your grievances here. You are an adult now. Take charge of your life and start learning what your rights are as a nineteen year old and make moves to become independent. Be honest with yourself and your cannabis use to understand if there is a connection with consuming weed and your stress.

Sounds like the only thing stressing you out is everyone telling you what you should do. I listened to a great podcast today about cannabis and potency. It spoke a bit about mental health and you may find some wisdom in her words here. ‎This Is Cannabis: EPISODE 34: The Problem With Potency, With Dr. Adie Rae on Apple Podcasts

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. I hate to put on my adult hat but you did leave school and instead of doing what you were supposed to be doing, you spent the year getting high and ended up in a mental hospital. If you really want to show your doctors and your parents how wrong they are then make a plan for your future and get started. Make a goal and a plan for how you'll reach your goal and write it down. Right now you still have your parent's support, they'll cover your expenses while you are in training and in a couple of years you'll be losing that support so take advantage of it now. It's your life and you're the one who'll be paying the price.

You may think after a year your parents are going to let you grow your own but I have my doubts. If you cheat during the year does that mean they're not going to let you grow your own? I'm thinking they agreed to that because they wanted to encourage you and they didn't believe you could go a year without smoking pot anyway. Show them they are wrong.

You're still thinking like a child who needs permission so leave that shit behind. You can get a lot accomplished in the next year or you won't get anything accomplished. It's all up to you, you're the one who has to do the work and you're the one who'll suffer the consequences if you don't. Take the easy way out and do the right thing, start working on your future, and stay out of the kind of trouble that landed you in the mental ward.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Damn homie u need a counselor asap did anything happened to u as a kid or against ur will seems like smoking bring back alot of mental demons

9. There are those out their who would use this as a classic use of weed in a simplton

and use this and many like it to further their cause to ban weed like before

be careful on your replies to this very 'new' member

all the same good luck to you and see a lawyer

10. How did your parents admit you if you're an adult?

11. By that I should have been locked away a long freaking time ago lol. (Lemme hit this bong first)

I had a lot of crap happen to me when I was younger that left me pretty messed up, got very addicted to cutting and whatnot. Even had my family call the police (bit dramatic..maybe THEY needed a smoke)

One thing I told myself, no way I will get locked up. Those mental hospitals, people go in and many times, they never come out the same. I had to work out my shit, 37 years old, making plans to go back to school. Don't let people hold you back. Your 19 years old, you are an adult and no one has to force meds down your throat. Know your rights!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. thanks for all the replies im gonna try and get a job and workout my issues so i never get put in a place like that again. I have this thing the hospital put out on me called a treatment authority and its there for 6 months after you leave hospital which means if i don't take my meds or go the Psychologist appointments they can put me be back in, my parents even tried to have it removed because they think im doing well now but they have no control over it so it just has to run its course. There not drug testing me though but i still think im gonna take a break from weed and sort my shit out first.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. I’d move states where ya have more rights I know here in oregon were shutting down a lot of our hospitals and ya can’t be committed unless u try to hurt yourself of others

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. You can only be involuntarily committed if you are a danger to yourself or others. Sounds to me like you are in still of a bit of denial about the seriousness of your mental health. Go see a therapist every two weeks, especially if you are off your meds and not seeing a psychiatrist. I don't think you should be smoking weed either if you are off medication. If anything, that should be a reward for doing what you are supposed to.

Oh, and something like half of the people with schizophrenia don't accept that they have it. Also, people with that illness shouldn't smoke weed. I know someone whose brother has it and when he smoked he would be naked talking to "angels" and such. Among other odd behaviors that I was told about.

15. If you have or even might have schizophrenia you should not smoke weed. I say this as a 15 year daily smoker. It is a really bad mix. I have a buddy with schizophrenia, he smoked in college and it was really bad for him, he is a very happy non-smoker these days. Drugs and mental illness dont mix. Treat the mental illness first, once treated you may be able to smoke but SMOKING WILL MAKE SCHIZOPHRENIA WORSE. THC stimulates episodes for many people with schizophrenia

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. One of my old homies would go crazy when he smoked weed & he had schizophrenia.. he was looked up every few months then it became weekly :laughing:

17. Sorry to say but if you are being told you have schizophrenia by medical professionals you probably have schizophrenia. Everything I've read mirrors my friends life and his outlook, and he has schizophrenia. Please be careful.

18. #18 blazexfree, May 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 29, 2019
    thanks for the advice everyone

• Friendly Friendly x 1