PSU sex scandal....your views?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by STilladelph, Nov 18, 2011.

1. I'm sure all of you have now heard about the Sandusky sex scandal which resulted in the termination of most of the football department including legendary Joe Paterno. I'm currently a student here at Penn State University, and let me tell you i can't go one day without hearing about this shit. I think it's a shame Paterno's 46 year career is gonna be remembered as "the guy who supported child molestation," but holy fuck....

thoughts...?

2. The guy is clearly guilty

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkR0DDNmit0&feature=channel_video_title]Bob Costas Sandusky Interview - Guilty - YouTube[/ame]

3. yea that interview makes it clear....

IF SOMEONE WERE TO ASK YOU!!! RIGHT NOW!! "if you were sexually attracted to little boys" im 100% sure you would not hesitate for 1 second to say no that is not true. Unless of course you actually are attracted to little boys. Listen to his reply to that question and you be the judge....

p.s. tired of hearing bout this shit :wave:

4. Man you know he's guilty. But at the same time that story of the Guy that caught him and the little boy at no point did he mention struggle so you gotta wonder how
    Much more twisted it was.
    At the age 10 I was calling people ' fags' left and right. So I only wonder if the kids where in on this to and if so why?
    I mean either way its a vile and disgusting thing. But kids are capable of manipulation and you gotta wonder if you will ever hear a full blown legit story.

Either way all guilty parties deserve what ever sentences they get as long as its over 10+ years. If you can treat bud smokers like shit in court of law surely a boy-lover will get the book

5. It's more than just him, there'sa whole lotta corruption over there to cover it up. I think he will be found guilty, but if he's not guilty he'll need his privacy once it's over and his name would have to publicly cleared.

6. he definitely fucked those kids

probably more than 8 too

7. #7 stoneheir, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
    [quote name='"MSabre"']It's more than just him, there'sa whole lotta corruption over there to cover it up. I think he will be found guilty, but if he's not guilty he'll need his privacy once it's over and his name would have to publicly cleared.[/quote]

I really believe he's lost all hope of his name being cleared at this point. I don't see him bouncing back from this if someone as big and iconic as Michael Jackson couldn't successfully break that label

[quote name='"BA"']he definitely fucked those kids

probably more than 8 too[/quote]

Definitely more than eight if there were any at all...if that makes sense

8. I don't doubt one bit that he did something sexual. It's just fucked up Paterno lost his job over some shit he didn't do. From what I heard, Paterno told the administration about it and left it at that. Fuck else was he spose to do?

9. yea i hope that sick pederass likes "horse play" in the showers cause hes gonna get a whole lotta that in prison

10. back in 92 (i believe), Sandusky was caught butt-fucking a little boy by one of the assistants. He reported it to his manager, who reported it to paterno, who reported it to the athletic director.

The point wasn't what Paterno did, it's what he didn't do. He didn't know about a robbery, or fraud, or murder, he knew about child molestation. There's a reason why they don't like molestors in prison, that's pretty much the worst thing u can do...and around here, Joe Paterno IS Penn State, if he wanted this investigated they would have been on it like white on rice in a paper plate and a glass of milk in a fucking snow storm. But he didn't. He looked past it and just told someone about it.

11. #11 TexRx, Nov 18, 2011
    The dude is basically admitting to flirting with male kids in a shower

It's as bad as when michael jackson said kids slept in his bed but it wasn't molestation, it was 'special'

fucked up shit

legendary career as coach ended in disgrace and he'll be forgotten

:(

12. I really do not think that Paterno's career is going to be remembered as thus of a supporter of child molester.

13. Report it to the police. Seems like a no brainer to me. :confused_2:

Paterno also put their house in his wife's name last summer (sold it to her for a dollar), so he knew there were lawsuits coming down the pike.

I have no sympathy towards anybody involved in this, besides the victims of course.

14. Heard on the radio that some coach at Cuse was involved in some child molestation. Man these universities are all fucked up, filled with child predators and shit.

15. [quote name='"TexRx"']The dude is basically admitting to flirting with male kids in a shower

It's as bad as when michael jackson said kids slept in his bed but it wasn't molestation, it was 'special'

fucked up shit
    legendary career as coach ended in disgrace and he'll be forgotten

:([/quote]

He did a lot more than "flirt" with male kids in a shower

16. This is what is wrong with institutions. They abandon morality in favor of the illusion of morality. If they had just turned Sandusky in to the police they could have avoided this whole scandal, all the coaches and administrators who are getting fired/suspended and resigning would still have jobs, and Paterno's legacy would be about his legendary coaching rather than this. Sandusky would have been the only one punished, the whole university could have avoided disgrace, and if they caught it early they could have protected an unknown number of children. But they thought it would make them look bad, so they tried to cover it up. Well, how do they look now?

17. #17 STilladelph, Nov 18, 2011
    [quote name='"KillerKush"']I really do not think that Paterno's career is going to be remembered as thus of a supporter of child molester.[/quote]

Ok please tell me what the first few things are that come to your head when I say these names

OJ Simpson
    Pete Rose
    Michael Vick

If the first thing that came to mind was sports, ur full of shit lol

18. OJ Simpson; sociopath, murderer, could have been a great individual but let his insanity get to him.

Darrel Strawberry; Drug Addict.

Michael Vick; a man that raised a perfectly acceptable breed of dog to mame the shit out of each other. Would, in some instances, kill said animals in gruesome ways.

46 year football coaching career; and an old man scared of the repercussions of what the public eye would do to what he invested almost a lifetime in.

19. #19 stoneheir, Nov 18, 2011
    [quote name='"KillerKush"']
    46 year football coaching career; and an old man scared of the repercussions of what the public eye would do to what he invested almost a lifetime in.[/quote]

So if I read your post right, you listed the worst possible descriptions of all of the following men. You think that's the worst you could've described what Paterno did? Like....don't get defensive just for the sake of winning an argument because that's truly not my interest. At all. I'm just curious as to the way you typed out the other athletes then the way you described his. It made me want to ask!

20. I felt as if there was no malice with Paterno. The other men committed crimes that were heinous. (Mr. Strawberry I was not well versed with I personally only watch Soccer and hockey). Paterno is an old man, as I stated, he loved that football team and was scared to come out about it... He was not an active participant, not saying that he is completely guilt-free. He was scared what it would do to his football team/recruiting possibilities and it blew up in his face... I just do not consider paterno to be nearly on the same level as violation of laws as OJ Simpson or Vick.