Psp

Discussion in 'General' started by Bonkers420, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Hey I was wondering if any of you guys have the PSP. I was thinkin about buyin one but I wanna make sure the 250.00 I'm going to spend is worth it.

2. Definately, And get you a 1 gig stick with it, you can rip DVD's to it to watch later, it surfs the web on a wireless connection and great games, I love mine.

The PSP forums i frequent are psphacks.net

3. I checked out that site out today actually. Do you know a place (online or electronics store) where I can get a 2.0 psp, so I can downgrade and run homebrew. Also, is there anyway to tell what the firmware is on the box?

4. most all of them if bouhgt pretty quick will be 2.0's

I would recomend someplace like google.

5. PSP=the shit

the games have only gotten better and better in my opinion. they got the GTA game for it, and Lumines...a kick ass trippy tetris-like game.

and the DVD's for it are worth it. i had to take a bus from VA to 'bama. So i bought a 1/2, blazed a blunt at every stop, and watched DVD's on my PSP...

but def. hook it up with the 1GB memory stick

6. ROFL, Have you seen the DS compared to the PSP? No comparison.

7. yeah i will agree with you that mario kart is an awesome game, but what gimmics and flashyness does the PSP rely on? everything that has been a selling point with that unit isn't gimmicky at all.

--you can watch your favorite movies, DVD quality, anytime, anywhere.
    --wireless enabled, and with a simple hack you can surf the internet anywhere there's a wireless network
    --graphics are superior in every way to DS ('nuff said)
    --and the DS doesn't actually have better games

8. Yeah i was thinking about buying one, but i might wait for the price to go down. Or i'll wait and buy a used one in a few months. My PS2 is used and theres nothing wrong with it. I'd like to upgrade it but i don't know how.

9. I buy a handheld to play games, not to watch movies, surf the net, or listen to music.
    To me, having movies is a gimmick to get people to buy what is supposed to be a video game system.

Graphics mean nothing. Gameplay is what matters. If you think Shenmue 2 > Super Mario World, you have issues.

Most PSP games are ports. The highest rated game for either handheld is Mario Kart.

Not to mention you can play some of the greatest games of all time on your DS. The same can not be said for the PSP.

10. I totally agree. How can anyone manage with just one screen?

11. I'd recommend a DS. Just research it man, it's awesome.

I can appreciate the PSP's power and beauty, but i think it's in a completely different category of gaming systems than the DS (I think the DS is a more true-to-nature portable gaming system overall). It just doesn't really interest me.

And EolGol, I agree with you completely man. I think Nintendo is going in a completely different direction than Sony and Microsoft in the sense that they are heading toward enhanced and progressive gameplay while Sony and MS are going more for enhanced and progressive graphics technology. Both are great, but I can honestly say that I've had more fun so far on my old sega genesis or gameboy than I've had on my current gen systems (xbox, ps2, gamecube) or my Alienware computer (which has had graphics better than 360 and maybe PS3 for almost 2 years). Basically, graphics don't do it for me. I sometimes think that Sony and MS are to videogames what Hollywood is to movies. Hollywood mostly makes overly dramatic and made-for-the-masses (use references from pop culture mainly) movies while most of the better films I've seen were independent films. 360 and PS3 are going to be impressive, and I'll probably buy both but I'm not nearly as excited about them as the Revolution (or whatever they're actually going to call it).

12. please show me the game 2years ago that looks better then gears of war, plz thanks
    [​IMG]

yes there is ingame footage of cliffy playing the game so fuck you if you think its rendered

13. yes gears of war kicks ass. tooo bad it's for the 360, not psp or ds

14. My brother has one ive used it a FEW times..

Pros -- Great Great screen / gpx
    Good handle .. just like holding a ps2 controller or something
    sound quality is good

cons -- LOW default memory .. idk what it is exatly but my bro cant hold more than id say 20 songs probly less on it at a time.. the 1g sticks are tooooo costly for 1g thats just jack shit 1gig is like a couple hundered songs or like HALF a movie :eek: and cost too much for just 1gig..

if your in it for the games its great .. for storage like movies on the memory sticks its bad but it has very nice video if u BUY the mini dvds that are comming out now :)

Buy it if your doin it for gaming .. get ipod video if u want more like movie / music

15. I should have phrased that differently. My computer has been able to render graphics such as that (maybe not any more, I'll have to wait and see), even though games like gears of war weren't around yet. It has had many of the capabilities, so I've been able to stay on top of PC game releases. My only point really was that I've seen amazing graphics, and they really don't do that much for me other than wow me. The Unreal engines have always been great engines man, I know that pic is not CG or anything.

Anyway, sorry for jacking the thread.

16. ok now thats detail!

17. Mem, what are your ailenware specs? Unless you are running SLI 7800GTX's chances are your computer is not up to the Capabilties of XBOX360 ( The full capabilities wont be reached til later once programmers master the coding ) They made the new games very hard to code.

But of course, by time that happens computers will be way ahead of xbox360's and PS3.

And whoever said a GIG is not enough, 700mb is enough for a full DVD on that size screen. Possibly even less.

18. Yup. Nintendo changes the gaming industry with every new console (except GC). Nintendo is about evolution and Sony and Microsoft are about making what we already have look better. I think the Revolution will be the best thing to happen to the game industry since the N64 and will outsell 360 and the PS3 in the longrun..

19. So if I was to buy a psp, and had the 1 gig mem stick, I would probally only be able to fit one DVD on it?

How did ipack watch multiple dvd's on his bus trip? ::confused:: :eek: