Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Psoriosis?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Functional, Oct 11, 2010.

1. I just realized today, that I have psoriosis.

Not yet diagnosed, and they wouldn't give medical MJ in here anyway.

But I've read claims that MJ can help against it? Anyone has any personal experience or knows anyone who MJ has helped with this condition?

For now, it's just dandruff and rash around my head, but it has spread to my nose.. and I'm afraid it might ruin my face completely during the years......... I'm already having some rash around my face.

My concern is - there has been claims, that MJ actually has negative effect to your immune system. And since psoriasis is caused by immune system response to your skin (over active one...), wouldn't MJ logically make it worse?

Then again, maybe it actually kind of makes immune system bit weaker, but could also help to psoriasis with that.

If it truly helps, I'm highly considering of trying to talk with a medician and ask what is my way around this. There are 4 people (which I know of) that have legal medical marijuana around in Finland. I know only one of them personally, and I don't for what condition he has it.

Thought, the basic meds against psoriasis are not pills (which I don't like), so at least I don't have to worry of that yet.

2. Cannabis has a POSITIVE effect on your immune system. Cannabinoids contain many essential oils.

3. You should try some hemp oil, really, I promise you it will go away.

Rick Simpson's hemp oil.

4. Positive? Oh, coolio oO Science freaks again lied to me. ( Then again, I never really took it that seriously, if I did, I wouldn't smoke in the first place )

And I can't have access to any hemp oil unfortunately. Finland is strict to oblivion with these things... I only know one person who provides the stuff, and he is very hard to get in touch with. And the price is 20 euros / a gram.. ( Even for him, as he is just a middlehand, and he doesn't try to scam me. It's actually a cheap price for oil here, you can sell it for 30 euros a gram in just one phone call. A couple can get your price to 40 euros. )

5. You might find these interesting-

Cannabinoids inhibit human keratinocyte proliferation through a non-CB1/CB2 mechanism and have a potential therapeutic value in the treatment of psoriasis
    (abst - 2007)
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...serid=10&md5=b9b5f31bace065e638775a375846b314

Marijuana Skin Cream? (news - 2007)
    Marijuana Skin Cream?

How Cannabis Compares to other aging treatments (article - 2008)
    Aging comparision of medicine chart with medical marijuana

The endocannabinoid system of the skin in health and disease: novel perspectives and therapeutic opportunities (full - 2009)
    The endocannabinoid system of the skin in health and disease: novel perspectives and therapeutic opportunities

6. I didnt follow any of those links, but maybe try making your own.

Sounds like a fun little project, I mean, you are using it for medicine, but if you could make it yourself for cheap, then it would be worth it.

7. My sister in law was diagnosed with psoriosis three years ago, her doctor could not prescribe it but she recommended weed, not as a direct application but as a way to reduce the stress that was one of the main contributing factors. Stress can lead to all sorts of medical issues so anything that reduces it will be beneficial.

8. Yeah, I'm not really that stressful person, and currently, I mostly smoke when I feel stressed and have the opportunity for it. ( Eg, I have the money, the supplier is available and I don't need to do anything important )

Growing my own MJ is not exactly an option either. If I lived only with my mom, there would be a bush growing in my room right now. But since we live with another patriotic man, there is just no chance.

I'm thinking about just talking to my doctor and asking how much is the medical marijuana currently talked about in those circles. If she answers "not much", then I'll just try asking her for the best way to get things rolling.

And if she won't answer me, I will tell her, that when I'm the dicktator in this country, she will be executed first. ( Perhaps not :p )

9. I don't have psoriosis, but the salve I made (see post with recipe and video here) and used with a psoriosis patient has worked wonders! He'd had it for 20 years, and within a couple of weeks of daily application all the scaling was gone.

You could, of course, get some at a local co-op/dispensary. But it's really easy to make your own. Check out the post linked above.

10. And since you're Finnish and have psoriosis, don't forget to be tested for celiac disease.:)
    A quick google makes Finland look rather restrictive. So having another diagnosed disease might help, if you're looking to get legal.