psilocybe cubensis strains

Discussion in 'General' started by shrizzle, Oct 19, 2006.

1. does anyone know anything about different psilocbye cubensis strains? if so, what do you think about either b+ or golden teacher? ive been thinkin about trying 2 grow one of these strains but im not really sure which one i should try.

also, has anyone tried or heard of mycojars. here's the link:
    http://www.universityscientific.com/product.php?xProd=156&xSec=4

the mycojars seem like they will save me a lot of effort, but i dont wanna get ripped off

2. Cambodian are a really good strain to start with.

B+ on the other hand are ideal for beginners because they develop into very strong and healthy mycelium. But, they grow extremely slowly.

Golden Teacher was very good a few years ago, but it doesn't seem to be one of the better strains lately. There's a lot of bunk GT spores going around.

And for a note on the mycobag: internal temperatures on bags can be as high as 12 degrees above the ambient tempearture, so be careful with your incubation to prevent contamination. The mycojars will save you effort, but if you have access to a pressure cooker or some other efficient sterilization technique, you should be able to do just as well. It takes almost no work to make jars. The only concern is being sterile.

But like flower child suggested, start with Cambodian. Also, Amazon or South American is a solid strain as well.

3. i just started to cultivate golden teacher an d somethin else... ill tell more later