Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

PSA: Stay away from Bongs after Root Canal

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lessthanjeezy, Nov 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Hey Blades,

Had my first of two root canal treatments last week for the first time and asked the doctor about smoking since I am a mmj patient, I was told smoking shouldn't be a problem since there is a temporary filling in the tooth and no opening.

The first night I stuck to edibles because of pain after the Novocaine wore off. Dabbing I seemed to be ok because it doesn't require too much suction (joints and bowls seem to be ok too) but I tried hitting my bong like I usually do later at night, and about 30 minutes later had horrible pain in my tooth that lasted for over an hour. I think the increased suction required for the bong must have just irritated the tooth or the medicated gauze packed in the tooth. Took some tylenol and fell back alseep and the pain has been much better since, stayed away from the bong yesterday and so far so good today. Just figured I would post this for anyone having a root canal in the future.

2. lol. no smoking

3. Endodontist said smoking is fine. Just noticed the bong irritates it.

4. i smoked after my wisdom tooth extraction !!! Took the clot clean out - Not great!

5. Lol, that is far different. Extractions it is very known not to smoke after because of what you stated and the possibility of causing dry socket. A root canal, there is no opening in the tooth since they use a temporary filling so the doctor said no risk with smoking, once I said it was cannabis then he said I definitely was fine lol

• Like Like x 1