Ps4 Or The Next Xbox?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Grand Daddy Purple, May 22, 2013.

1. rather going ps4 or pc ..still deciding ..i like community on consoles to much. xbox one looks super dumb .unless the show some jawbreaking stuff for the xbox at e3 i may change my mind but i doubt it. wtf was microsoft thinking? should have named it xbox infinite or xbox 720 and then changed the dashboard(its the same wtf) and showed Games not tv . i dont care if i can watch tv on xboxi can switch inputs on my tv. smh ...microsoft ....smh

2. jawdropping*

3. #63 Huey_Freeman, May 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2013
    PC gamer's boast too much.

4. haha true, but we have a lot to boast about.

5. doesnt mean you should boast though, its uncouth 

6. Console gamers whine too much.

7. #67 lilro, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqQZepCYxVk

Have a bunch of people over to watch a movie you bought from XBL? Pay again if you have too many people.

Yes they do. Someone had to buy it for it to be considered used in the first place. If someone buys a used game and plays online, there is still the same number of purchased discs connected to the server.

8. I wish, as a gaming community in whole, we would all make a decision to not buy xbox 1 and maybe send microsoft a message that we dont want to be spied on or their shitty features.

9. Xbox is taking it too far. Microsoft has always been ass backwards but this is crazy lol. Also they reveal a whole bunch a features but nothing about actual gaming. Besides the fact that you cant get used games and alot of other outlandish things. I'll probably get a ps4.

I wish I had money for a gaming PC. San andreas multiplayer was my shit back then.

For a shitty or okay game? Yeah, but for game developers like naughty dog, it's different.

Useless? Who really cares, it's still a gaming console, that does games, just like it always has. Theres apps, you can burn and listen to music, you can watch movies on it, and yeah, you can surf the web, but who says you have to use those? There just extra, so you don't have to go out and buy a DVD player or Blu Ray player, it's a whole entertainment system in one. Some can pay 300 bucks just for gaming, or some can pay 300 bucks for gaming and a lot more.

300 bucks is less than what game consoles used to cost. 

A grand isn't much to you? Well lucky you, I have to pay bills and the job I work at doesn't pay much, i'm behind bills, so I don't have time and money to save up a grand for a computer, when I already have a laptop, and a gaming console.

Calm down, I don't know what crawled up you're ass, but it's called personal preference. It's also called having a budget, and consoles have plenty of sales.

You had 5 xbox 360's and PS3's? Why? Lol, You do talk big, that's for sure.

Just calm down and have a civilized conversation, this isn't the religion thread, you can go and act like this over at the religion thread, okay?

11. #71 Grand Daddy Purple, May 24, 2013

they actually lose money.

12. #72 lilro, May 24, 2013

How? We aren't talking about pirating games and file sharing. We're talking about re-selling a game that the developer was already paid for.

Let's say you sell 100 games brand new, and 100 people connect to your servers. 10 people decide they don't like the game, and sell it to gamestop. Gamestop then sells those 10 copies to other people. There are still only 100 discs in circulation, still only 100 users connected to your server, and still funds from 100 copies in your bank account. How do you lose?

13. #73 Jumbo, May 24, 2013

My conversation was pretty damn civilized, i was simply stating facts. Don't get mad they are true.

Religion thread? Why are you bring that up, i thought this was about gaming. 

Why did i have 5 xbox's? I was heavily into the modding scene, had 3 flashed, a jtagged 360, a regular, and a console banned flashed.
    I bought all 5 for under 300. Sorry i had good hookups.  

I had one ps3, not 5 of each system, you misread. 

You are behind on bills and are thinking about buying video games? You should probably sell your 360 and games on focus on whats important. I work a minimum wage job myself, very shitty pay. Doesn't mean i don't know how to budget and save my money. Never said a grand wasn't much, i said in retrospect on what you end up paying for a console and new 60$ games, paying a thousand dollars for something that is going to save you money is not much. As i said, it is literally going to cost you about 500$ to get EIGHT games for a console due to their BS price of 60$. 

Also the PS4 and Xbox one are not going to be nearly 300. Probably more along the lines of 500, then you need another controller because who has one controller, add 60$, then you want about 3 games, add 180$, thats already about 740$ just for a 3 games, a system and extra controller. LOLOLOLOL

Also not boasting about being a PC gamer or owner, simply stating facts that should help you realize how much money you are wasting or setting yourself up to waste by buying a new console. 

And i know what a personal preference is, as i stated i used to prefer consoles; that is until i realized how much of a scam it was. All that M$ wants is money, money, money. And sony? Lol they lost money on every ps3 they sold, and why was that? They knew how much money you would be spending on accessories, games, and all that other money making BS for them. Sorry you got ripped off. 

14. I would think about getting  gaming pc but when huge games like GTA V arn't released on them immediatly I tend to favor consoles

15. 100 active users, but 110 unique users. That's 110 people that got to play the game, but the publisher only made money from 100 of them. More and more people get to play the game, but the publishers aren't making any more money. And with GameStop shoving used copies in your face, they are actively taking money away from the publisher. Why do you think things like online passes exist?

16. Xbox is a fucking joke, if i was gonna buy a console it would be ps4 in a heart beat, it seems like its gonna be the first one out as well this year, personally i hope ps4 capitalizes on the gap in basically gamer service between playstation and xbox and just does something crazy gamer friendly that puts the nails in the coffin. 

110 people got to play the game, but only 100 can play at any given time. The 10 people who sold the game can no longer play it. When someone resells a game, they aren't putting more product on the market. The used copies GameStop are shoving in your face have already been bought from the publisher. The publisher already got their money from those discs. Would you say a dimebag dealer is actively taking money away from their supplier?

Online passes exist because companies are greedy.

18. These threads are funny, they always go from "PS vs Xbox" to PS vs Xbox vs PC" Which is just a silly debate to begin with.

PC will always be top dog in the gaming world, Maybe not in everyones eyes but in general your not going to see the same amazing graphics that PC gamers will if your gaming on a console. if you don't care about graphics, mods, performance etc then go console and don't worry about it.

There is nothing wrong with this just accept it and move on, it makes no sense to argue about which is better, your comparing 1000+ (Upgradable with the time) systems to 200-400 dollar systems that can never be upgraded short of memory.....Its a no brainer. Would my GTX 690's pump out more graphics processing than whatever the PS4 or Xbox will be equiped with....Hmmmmmm considering most graphics cards cost the same to more than video game consoles I wonder.

Console gamers get some nice exclusives, ones that usually make PC gamers jealous, PC gamers get some nice exclusives as well that make some console gamers jealous......

PC gaming is not for everyone, its expensive to get started if you want a decent system, the people who do PC gaming will most likely never move to console willingly because.... well go grab something crazy like Metro last light and jack up the graphics, toss some head phones on and hook up your xbox controller kick back and enjoy an amazing experience. you'll forget all about those...whatchamacallems? Consoles?

Console gaming is for most people, its considered affoardable for most, has all the newest games being targeted at it, decent online communitys.

I just don't see the point in endless threads comparing them, its like having a thread about Mountain bikes vs skateboards for a mode of transportation then some jack ass on a crouch rocket pulls up and says....No man Croutch rockets are better transportation....

Also for the threads sake, PS4 all the way the xbox looks bleh and I've never been a big fan of xbox to begin with. I wont be getting a PS4 for some time though much rather toss a second graphics card in my beast right now and SLI than go console, 3rd quarter games are going to require 690's for Ultra :)

19. I've the original xbox and many 360s (RRoDs) and despite that ie loved every minute of them, the modding scene for them is far better than that of the ps' which for me is a pretty big things, also I've always despised the play stations controllers. Having said all this though the Xbox 1 looks like shit. So I'll be getting neither haha

20. Yeah I never liked ps controllers either but at least this time the sticks are concaved

[​IMG]