Ps3 games with great storylines?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by plaindazed, Feb 6, 2012.

1. I've been wanting a new game but i want to spend my money in a game with an emerging storyline that i could really get into.

2. Games with good storylines are on the decline pretty bad =(... MW3 actually has an interesting story I think, but you really sorta have to play the previous MWs to get the whole thing and the campaign is pretty short. I hear Bioshock has a really good story but I've never played it. The first Resistance game also had an interesting story.. Those are FPS games though and they usually end up having the story take a backburner spot, so it's not that immersing usually.

RPGs tend to have good story lines... there were A LOT of great RPGs with great stories on the PS1 and 2, and you can get them off the PSN if you're interested in doing that. FF8 is on PSN and it has an amazing and very immersing storyline. Character development is also spot on for the most part, though some characters are a bit cliched at times (but that's usually the case for video games)

3. Heavy Rain , Metal Gear

4. The Uncharted games man. That is all.

5. La noire like said uncharted series. God of war. The best ps3 exclusive imho is uncharted 1-3

6. I heard somewhere that you could get a port of FF7 on the psn network, greatest story ever told. as well as some of the best music in a game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q94akM503ek]Final Fantasy VII - US Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

7. God of War series. Uncharted (you can skip #1). Twisted Metal comes out in 8 days.

8. ^ Pretty solid game series.

9. heavy rain, final fantasy, metal gear solid and bioshock

10. God of War III is amazing. I've heard that Heavy Rain and LA Noir have great, fully interactive stories. Final Fantasy XIII has a good, if somewhat confusing, story and as with all final fantasies, you don't need to play the previous games in the series to understand what's going on. I've heard nothing but praise for Skyrim, though it's not really my style. Fallout 3 seemed great, though I never got too far into it. Borderlands is badass and will keep you laughing. Um... yeah. If I think of anything else, I'll update. =3

11. Bioshock
    MGS4 is good and ridiculous. Other MGS are awesome as well.
    Uncharted (I wouldn't skip 1... Just beat it on crushing the other day, good game)
    God of War (All of this series is great)
    Deus Ex
    Catherine