PS2 RPGs?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by 8ight, Jul 4, 2012.

1. What are your favorites? I didn't really start getting really into RPGs until I got my PS3. I just recently hooked up my PS2 and picked up a few games: Baldur's Gate (awesome!!!!!), Suikoden Tactics (haven't played yet), and Tales of Legendia (haven't played yet).

Any other recommendations? Preferably nothing super rare, I don't really want to spend over $40 on a PS2 game. Generally, I prefer dungeon crawlers. I'm usually not a huge fan of story-driven JRPGs, but I can get into them if the gameplay is fun. And if I can get 'em for $10 or less, I won't complain.

2. Baldurs Gate is one of my favorite PS2 games...ever

3. Okage was rather entertaining, thought I'd recommend something different than the typical responses you'll get.

It's nothing groundbreaking and may seem a bit "kiddy" but playing it blazed was dope. I never finished it though because my cousin is a fackin theif, that fuck.

4. #4 fallen in smoke, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    there was this game my friends really liked. it was called Dark something. can't recall the name, i was baked

Edit: Found it! The name of the game is Dark Cloud.

5. #5 8ight, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
    Word. I just started Dark Alliance last night, but I put in a few hours so far and am having a blast. I love this kind of game. From what I've read, DAII is supposedly better, but it's also a bit more expensive. I think I saw it going for $40-50 used, so we'll see.

Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks man. :)

I actually already have that on my mental list of games to watch for. Another guy told me about it as well, so it should be pretty fun I guess. Thanks. :smoke:

Anyone play the Wizardry for PS2? I downloaded the new one on PSN, but haven't played it yet.

6. Shadow Tower Abyss, and of course, Final Fantasy X.

7. Dark Cloud 1 & 2
    Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    Okami
    Final Fantasy 10
    Kingdom Hearts

8. FF X. Amd kingdom hearts 2

9. I agree with the people who said Final Fantasy X. Awesome game.

Also, if you liked Baldur's gate, Champions of Norrath might be a game you'd like.

10. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (If you can find it, awesome RPG, very dark and mature. Basically starts off with the world ending. It's a winner)

The Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 are also great.

If you can get your hands on some Ps1 games you might be able to find the Square combo package of Chrono Trigger (Best game EVER. If you never had the chance to play it on snes) and I think FFIV (can't remember off the top of my head which one it is)

11. Champions: return to arms, fucking fantastic game!

12. Champions of Norrath, and then Champions: Return to Arms are both really fun, and you can play with up to 4 people using a multitap.

Great couple of games, and you can take your characters from the first game and import them to the second game.

13. Yeah, if you liked Baldur's gate, check out Champions of Norrath, and Champions Return to Arms.

14. [quote name='"THCandroid"']Baldurs Gate is one of my favorite PS2 games...ever[/quote]

Ditto, holy fuck that game blew my mind.
    I dont know much rpgs other than that on the ps2 , but if you havent you MUST play the first mass effect, that game is a big chunk of my life... Haha xD

15. I liked Dark Cloud 2 and rogue galaxy. couldn't get past the first dungeon in boring ass Baldurs gate. CoN was more promising but not my style either. I don't like 'dungeon crawler' games after D3.

16. damn nobody said dragon quest 8?