pruning

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Ghostface, Jun 13, 2003.

1. Hi guys,
    I'm growing outdoors and I wanted to know about pruning my plants. Is it true that I should just snip off the very top of the plant where the small new leaves are growing? Also at what stage should I prune it, and how many times in its life? Thanks for any help you can give me, it's very apreciated.
    Cheers.

2. i want to know how to prune also :)

3. When my plants are about a foot tall, I pinch off the center top growth, then there are two major stems that develop. I learned that from the growers on hightimes.com and it seems to work. I also prune the very lowest branches when the plants get a bit bigger.. 3 feet or so.. that is something I learned from lots of tomato growing.. the fruit at the top gets bigger if there's no branches at the bottom (called "suckers") :) What I have learned from growing for a little while is that you've got to experiment with this kind of stuff and see how it goes. Happy growing :)

4. Dont top or pinch your plants, train them by bending them over with hemp rope and have another line holding the base of the plant so oyu dont bend the main in the soil.

5. How tall should they be when you decide to bend them over? Ive got some about 9-12" tall and the stem is very stiff......i don't want it to break.

How far also does it need to be bent? Just a few degrees or all the way until the tip is almost touching the ground?

6. It all depends how big the growth tips are coming off the nodes. If they arent out yet it wont do jack to train becasue they arent ready yet. Train when you get at least 2x 2" growth tips coming off the nodes, the bigger the better.

The goal is to bend the top growth tip so its below the other nodes and make the auxins go to the higher tips. Begin with a 45 degree for the first day, then about 120 degrees so the top growth tip is below all the other nodes. Then you can take it from there however you want. The higher nodes will always get more auxins so keep that in mind. I wouldnt train unles you have to keep the plants bushey for cover, let them grow natural if you can.

7. Well I bent a few over just to see how they do. Ive been told the plant will produce more if this is done. I guess I will see.

8. pruning is a diffrent thing i think pruning is when you clip teh feeder leaves off so light can get to lower bud sites, adn they can grow biger. your talking of toping nd it has been proven it wont produce more buds (weight) or budsites then supercroping.

9. I don't want my beautiful Sativa to be discovered by anyone . who could see over our 6 foot fence. She is now about 5 feet tall. Is it possible to snip the top to keep it dwarfed? will the buds be as strong?

11. keap prunig you vill gett strong plants keap them bissy this is toped 17 thimes

100% just do it it if you want to gett verry ston----- lol
    dont men the top but leaf not all just some and the right ones
    cant spell so good soory
    im in Norway

the first grover say i true but the last is hkljdhjvhjrhrekhbkejh

GOOD LUCK AND IT IS A PLANT SO NO ONE NOWS WHAT IS THE RIGHT BUT WE CAN TRY AND ALL IM TELLING IS THAT I HAVE NEVER SMOKT NOTHING BETTER THEN MY OVNE PLANTS
    BUT THEY ARE MY LADYS SO THEY GIVE ME BACK I THINK LOL

12. heh did u get all that pruning info from highgrow program? i thought i read all that stuff once before;)