pruning question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mooooooly6, Feb 8, 2007.

1. I have two Northern Lights plants which are about 2 weeks old, one is 4-5 inches tall and the other is almost an inch shorter, they look pretty healthy and bushy, ill put some pictures up when i can get hold of a camera.

My question is how long should i wait before i start pruning the fan leaves?

2. Well I wouldn't recommend pruning if you can help it. Many times you can just tie or tuck the fan leaves out of the way. If you feel it is needed then keep it to a bare minimum and keep in mind you don't have to cut off the entire fan leaf, you can just cut off a portion of the leaf or leaves. LST is a more effective and less harmful way of exposing budsites if that is what you are trying to do. Regardless, I wouldn't think they would need pruning at that size.

3. how long would you reccommend i wait before topping?

4. third or fourth leaf set

5. Topping is very effective in producing more bud than doing nothing along, but it stresses the plant alot and stops growing for a day or 2 every time you do it. I would recommend tieing the plant down instead of cutting it because you have a little more control and the plant recovers in 12 hours

6. man to tell ya the truth id not prune nuthin or top nuthin i messed up myfirst time and did that dont do it man it wll grow slow like stunt it for 4 days or a week

7. let it get taller atleast