Pruning question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BLCbudcouple, Jul 8, 2012.

1. My question is this. How long after transplanting should one wait to prune. (bottom,top,FIM) does the different cut even matter?

thanks
    The Wife:rolleyes:

2. IMO until you are a expert grower don't prune at all.

ways i see it pruning is like music. not about the notes you make. about the silence in between them, ie not about what your pruning, it is what you do not prune that makes the music....

3. i'd give them 5 or six days to get settled. after that they should be stable enough to cut. it's really not a big deal. just make sure you don't do too much at any one time. if you have a lot to do, spread it out over a few days. it doesn't matter what type of cutting/pruning you're doing. if all you're gonna do is fim/top, you could prob. do it at the same time you're transplanting.

4. we were going to do it during transplant, but for some reason it just slipped our mind(not weed related. baby, 12yr, school, just LIFE.:) ) The day after the transplant I came to write in my grow log I keep, and that's when I realized what we had forgotten. I left a reminder to do it in my log, (witch did nothing for me (hehe), guess I'll just have to wait a few more days. thanks everyone. :D

The Husband

5. im on my first grow... and im by far NOT an expert.. but ive been prunning my female.. since veg. stage... few leaves due to heat stress maybe some had mild nute burn.. and even know into flowing stage ive been trimming some of the larger fan leaves out of the way to allow light inside the canopy.. and i will say i havent experienced any trouble at all from it... not even shock (knock on wood).. if there was a bunch of leaves that needed trimming... i would normally wait 3-4 days in between trimmings.. so i wouldnt take too much at once... and honestly she is healthy as an ox!! just remember when trimming i try n use sanitary scizzors rubbed down with alcohol.. and i never go from trimming one plant to trimming the next without wipping them down again...