Pruning question..plz Help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by phantomgrower, Nov 28, 2009.

1. hey guys so i have fifteen 45 day old deisel plants in a 4x4 sun hut. they have become alot bushier than i originally thought...is it OK to take some of the big fan leaves that arent near any of the bud sites to create some extra light to the lower growth sites??. Is there pros and cons to this? will it stress the plants out? they are goin into 2nd week of bloom stage. any advice or help would be appreciated.

Happy Blazin

2. pruning is not the best thing to do while in flowering, but i did do it last time i grew and it worked fine, as long as you leaves over 50% of the plant alone it will be o.k.. i would take maybie 10% at a time as you dont want to stress it out to much.. i hope this helps

check out my new thread... peace

3. Don't trim healthy green growth, especially during flower stage. During flowering the plant will start to draw down its storehouse of nutes that it stores mainly in the leaves, so as flowering continues you will see the leaves die off on their own. If you trim them then you deprive the plant of those nutrients and of the energy-producing ability of those leaves (remember, the leaves are the "solar panels" that collect and create the plant's energy). If you trim those now the plants could struggle later in flowering.

Tie back or tuck those leaves blocking the light.

4. Rule of Thumb >>>--------------------> Bend Before Trim