Pruning question..plz Help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by phantomgrower, Nov 28, 2009.

1. hey guys so i have fifteen 45 day old deisel plants in a 4x4 sun hut. they have become alot bushier than i originally thought...is it OK to take some of the big fan leaves that arent near any of the bud sites to create some extra light to the lower growth sites??. Is there pros and cons to this? will it stress the plants out? they are goin into 2nd week of bloom stage. any advice or help would be appreciated.

Happy Blazin

2. you'll be fine...take as much as you NEED to take..

3. you'll get a variety of opinions on this from folks who never prune to folks who cut anything that blocks light to lower buds, and some like me are kind of in the middle. a lot of times i will cut a big fan leaf in half allowing more light penetration while maintaining the benefit of the leaf itself.

:smoke: chetto

4. Here's the other sided of that coin that chetto was referring to, those fan leaves are where sugars are produced. Those sugars are what power the flowering process (and the plant in general).

So, take as few as possible to resolve your issue.

Toward the end of flowering, many lower fan leaves naturally fall off due to the shorter photoperiod and the reduction in nitrogen in the flowering nutrient mixes.