pruning new plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KSA420, Apr 4, 2003.

1. hi everyone. my plants are about two and a half weeks old and i was woundering when will be the best time to prune them

2. anytime you like....but the leaves are what makes the plant grow......only prune some.....but i only do it during flowering to allow the lower buds to receive more light........or were you talking about topping them?.....Peace out........Sid

3. If your talking about topping them, I waited till mine got to the 4 or 5th visible node. hopefully that can help you out a little bit.

4. what im looking for is for my plants to bush out, but thnx for the other info

5. ive got a couple of young plants myself and all i do to help them "bush" out is just completely cut off any and all bare branches that you might see growing off of the main stem but not the top unless it gets tall enough to where want to keep it at a certain height.
    cutting off those bare branches will promote new growth and even more branches wich will give you more leaves. like hair, the more you cut the more it'll grow. I guess you can cut off some of the leaves here and there but in general its the branches that you want to keep pruning.

so far it's been working like a charm. one of the plants i pruned like this is bushing out a lot more than i thought it would. can't say the same for the other plant though...problems with watering. Although i suggest prunning the branches liberally, don't get too caried away with it.

anyhoo thats my method.