Pruning leaves for more sunlight before harvest

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by durkadurka555, Oct 27, 2008.

1. :smoking:[GAC=Getting Answer Complexing:I read were u could do this with the leafs.BUT !!!U have to be carefull U don,t want to remove any THC???U know cold water agation ext. hash??A room temp. water perf. distild would be best!I don,t knw time U leave in.But U might end up after leaf removed add sugar & ice Enjoy the drink too.I know a fan on low circulating air helps to dry keeping buds trimed & left on branch 4 a day or 2 will allow 4 a more evan slower cure be 4 U cut them off&finnish letting dry keeping them from touching eachother& turned over once while is my process,but I live Ore. were temp I keep 70,s.//I,m interested in knowing by leting leaf turn yellow be 4 U trim from plants adding chlorophyll to my buds thus adding harsheness.I always trim off at 1st sign leafs turn& are still very green.I let them go this time?Notice the bud seemed to not as smooth as what I had bein geetting post change.GAC=Good Amircan Canabis}lquote=richirich_99;3266146]i wish i could understand your post gac, you got so much good info, if only you could put it in writing in a way that was easier to decipher. would cutting leaves right before harvest, like a few days help with the plant having less chloraphyl so when it dries it a smoother smoke? i live in a real dry arid climate and im about to dry and just dont want harsh smoke if it dries too fast. any tips on drying in this type of climate? also I plan to try a small amount with a water cure to take out the chlor and make a clean smooth smoke.[/quote]

2. #22 ricard0, Nov 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2008
    I second your statement. GAC's posts are hard on the eyes and take too long to read...... decipher, LOL.:wave:

3. So do NOT prune bottom of plant during flower, I have heard it helps promote top cola density and increase yeild

4. first time grower seeking advice and wound up reading this thread (among many more) --> gac=growing and confusion...or maybe not. definitely am a chemistry nut and if you fill in the blanks he/she is making more sense than most. look into vine ripened fruit and apply to the canabis. may change views on trimming prior to harvesting. also like the idea of experimenting with like phenos...maybe not so much half'n'half on same plant (it's all one life right?) but I'm definitely going to experiment with trimming vs not on clones. inter/intranet is just full of confusion on this topic at this point gac=get all credit for experimenting correctly