pruning for a greater yeild.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MrERoach, May 28, 2003.

1. I have heard many things about pruning but I can never get a straight answer.

At what hight should I top the plants and at what node should I clip off.

I have heard that you should prune when the plants reach 20 inches and prune down to 12 inches.

http://www.coastnet.com/~bcga/bcga/bbyields.htm

I am growing NL and Skunk The skunk is showing Indica Dominate and the NL is showing sativa dominate.

THe NL(northern lights) is already an inch or two taller than the skunk. I started these two the first week of MAY
    The NL is about 10 inches and the skunk is at 9 inches.

I also have 4 other plants in the same place that were started on the 15th that are considerably smaller and I dont want to burn my taller plants but I dont want to rob my smaller plants of light.

I am using a 400 w MH/HPS combo.

Any thoughts?

2. I'm not sure how everyone else does this but myself I Veg for 2-3 weeks and Bloom for 8-10 weeks depending on how red the bud is getting. Say at 8 weeks I'm ready to come down I cut off the tops leaving two branchs to hang them. Then lower the lights on the rest of the plants for a week to get better yeild on the tops of the arms. Like I said everyone has there own ways, but whatever works for you, WORKS.

3. Ok there are some extensive posts on this subject already but ill take a stab again.

My experiance is..........

people will tell you not to top because it takes energy away from plant,
    probably true but ive done it anyways with good sucsess.

I top at the 5 or 6 node at 8-12" then wait about a week for the "v" to form then switch to 12/12.

Only top one node off,

That being said I now "train" instead of "top" its alittle more work but seems to be a little less stress to plant.

Good luck.

PM me if you want to talk about training.

Good luck

4. i also train instead of topping.....i love the big cola....lol.....Peace out.........Sid

5. SID Said it all dont top grow a big cola! they ROCK when you smoke um 3-4hour highs that make your spine tingle the whole time!

Dont top train the plants!

Grasscity Deals Near You