Pruning during 12/12

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TPiffKed, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Hey guys, always starting new threads on the same topic, but im not super great with the website still, sorry. I have 2 plants going in on the second week of flowering, and its getting mighty crowded. Ive never been scared to chop my plants, and i always trim new growth for clones and a good chunk of leaves before i switch over. I actually trim quite a bit through my whole grow really. However, im looking for input on what i should trim now, and hopefully maximize my yeild. Ive chopped enough where i mostly just have a couple nodes on each stem, but my tents getting really crowded and im tempted to cut off a lot of leaves to expose everything a little more. Could i get some opinions on how much to chop? I see other people on here with plants that are like big sticks just covered in bud, so im wondering whats my best approach. Thanks!..

And please dont suggest that leaves are "the solar panels for the plant" and i shouldnt chop any. I know i need some, but im also quite certain i dont need all. Thanks again 20171015_171807.jpg 20171015_171814.jpg also sorry for the sideways pictures

2. I don't think I would be chopping much at this stage. I would super crop for an even canopy that's all for now. I prune too BTW all through the flower stage. Please tell us the strain. Looks a bit sativa dom so I would anticipate a lot of stretch in the next 2 weeks. Nice work!

• Like Like x 1
  3. It looks pretty good where it's at right now in my opinion. However waiting until it stretches a little more than you can judge it by how the plant expresses it's self towards you if you need to pull a few leaves. Pruning off a few leaves shouldn't do much damage. I would just judge it tho based on how you feel it should be.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Thanks guys. I think waiting for a little more stretching is probably my best bet like you said funsize. Then maybe take a few off here and there. These are og kush from nirvana. Ive grown two plants of it already and was really happy with the outcome. The yeild however was just okay. One plant I trimmed heavily and got almost double the yeild of the other plant that i hardly chopped at all.

• Like Like x 1
  5. snip snip

• Like Like x 2