PRs organic garden of weed and other living things

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Pink, Jan 20, 2014.

1. yeah most of my smaller ones got burned up like 90 percent besides the lower area's.out of the 4 or 5 cold hardy cultivar's i grew i got one that has survived the past two year's i belive it's surh anor or kaim-anor and should put on a show this year.i starting a lot of cutting's. pic's coming soon of every thing.planted my ganja bean's a few days ago should be poking up soon [​IMG].hope all is well ....stay humble my friend and good thing's will come.

• Like Like x 1
    Hey Pak! The trees and the berries are all covered in flower clusters, way more than last year. Came as a surprise to me since I thought harsh winter would exhaust them but apparently it only had a positive impact on the plants which had dormancy period. Go figure.

Two solutions to the slugs - Ortho had an organic granules, not sure if they are on a market anymore, and the other one is to roughly cut a beer can and make "collars" out of it for the plants, about 3-4 inches tall should suffice.  

Than the other one - you should have a million of native birds there, so spreading the bird feed in your garden bed will attract tons of birds I'm sure, and they will eat the slugs. They might also eat the small seedlings so you have to protect the baby ones overnight at least somehow, but it's easy and I know you are resourceful.

Good luck with your garden [​IMG]

Hey hey PB, yeah, sorry to hear about a pomegranates but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and I really think it definitely relays onto the plants' kingdom if anything. Mine is going to suck it up and be gorgeous, there is no other way and she knows it because I told her haha. I talk to them so there is no misunderstanding about the plans [​IMG]

Hope you are good Bliss, and please post some baby picks here when you have them [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. #1303 3Deez, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    Heya P! I like that idea of spreading bird feed around the garden. Ive been warching a sparrow picking caterpillars off my kale all afternoon here! Doing all the work for me :D. I need to keep em coming back. I hope things have been better for you.

• Like Like x 2
    Hey man! Yeah, things are better [​IMG] Tons of improvements are in the works, just waiting for the final dates to nail it. And spring is here [​IMG]  Talking the birds, I think they should be the answer. them and predatory bugs.

I just put 2 overwintered Datils in the garden (they were started from a seed a year ago, sent by our common friend). You as a foodie would really like them I think. I've been all over the place haha and they still stroke me like extremely unique. I dried some pods and soaked them in MCT oil and been sprinkling it on just about everything.

I have seeds and they love heat and a long season. Just sayin'

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ohhhhh you know I live to try out your suggestions here! That malabar spinach plant gave me some very tasty greens for a while!! :)

• Like Like x 2
    Yeah, very very much recommend. It's really fierce, but in a kind that fading away fast, more like Spanish vs Mexican, but what flavor...I'm telling you D, I sprinkle the oil on the slice of Panini bread (ok, two haha), and it's easy a dinner. I wish I had some pods but I ate them all lol. Monday, and pm me. You'll do good with it, and you'll like it for forever. I's fuckin' tasty, it really is.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Happy Mother's day Pink! I hope you get to kick back and relax! Enjoy your well deserved day my friend!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Well said D!
    Hope you get to toke a bit tonight!!

• Like Like x 2
    Thanks D [​IMG] Hey, don't forget to send me that pm with the info, I was serious about the peppers.

No can do [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Things are midway with the job, so I want to not muck it up if they have some more drug tests upcoming, who knows. But when I finally do smoke I will probably be the happiest person on Earth [​IMG]

Thanks guys and I hope you have a stellar day [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  10. Hi Pinkie! :)

Do you still have the Kombucha going? I was thinking of giving it a shot. :) [​IMG]

11. hey pinkie! glad to see you posting again. sure missed ya 'round here, lady.

how did the Kalichakra turn out for you?

hope you had a great summer :wave: :wub:

12. Hey nerd :) Still have kombucha alive, but it's in a "dormant" state of things, sitting in a jar getting more and more acidic. Clear in color and transparent, but thinking how all things fungus can go super wrong I would not want to share it with you to be honest. At this point I want to separate that "kombucha hotel" and see how they perform, taste and all that jazz. My kid (the one with diabetes) got hooked on ginger infused store bought kombucha, and it is getting kinda pricey lol. Not that I mind extra Vit.Bs in his system but at 3.99 per 8oz. I wouldn't mind not spending it lol. If it's 100% safe, I'll absolutely share, just give me a couple of month. Hope all is good on your end and the wifey is feeling great :))
    Hey Teej :) They were both boys :(( I was so upset. Still have a bean or two left (literally, 1 or 2 lol, not sure), so I am going for the bank this next round whenever it comes. Most likely after Christmas. Lots of waves on the homefront, don't want to equip the other side with tons of aces on hand if you know what I mean. How was your summer, I hope - stellar :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. You set a good table Pink and i'm joining in. :) Whatever troubles you are experiencing i wish you a speedy resolution and recovery. Your garden looks good. I like your vegetable and fruit as well.

• Like Like x 3
  14. As long as you have a spot that stays reasonably warm on a consistent basis, then you'll have a good nursery spot for your kombucha. You can definitely make that stuff at home for pennies on the dollar compared to retail and have much better quality as well. :)
    Let that kombucha free! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hey thanks for getting back to me :)

We've already started a fresh SCOBY from a bottle of Kombucha. You brew a batch of black tea + sugar and poor in a bottle of Kombucha, and let it ferment for 3-5 weeks and it should grow a SCOBY on it's own. It'll be weak to start but should grow strong after a few cycles. You can discard that first batch of super acidic kombucha.

I'm super pumped to try it and hopefully it will all come through A+

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hey Pink, glad to see that you're back in the city. I'm sure lots of growers have been missing you.

• Like Like x 2