Prozac(ssri's) and MDMA (health concern?)... advice?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by NFloyd2357, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Wondering if anyone has experience with this combination. I just got prescribed to prozac, i've taken it the last 3 days. Im going to a concert sunday, and was planning on taking E (then got rx'd to prozac for anxiety). Im gonna skip my pill on saturday, and plan on rolling sunday. I havent been able to find anything about health concerns of this combination online, just that the roll may be diminished. As it stands now, im too worried to roll. I've done it once a couple months ago when i wasn't taking prozac, but im afraid to combine the 2. Does anybody have any useful info on this, or better yet, personal experience with SSRI's and MDMA??

thanks a bunch

2. somewhere I read, that ssri's actually help with the comedown, helps prevents some damage that 'it causes'

other than that, I don't know, I've done e before, can't remember if I was on ADs or not at the time

have fun:hello:

3. E and A.D.'s can kill you. It's called seretonin syndrome. It'll either be extremely unpleasent or you may die.

Serotonin Syndrome is a potentially fatal condition, with symptoms and complications of euphoria, drowsiness, sustained rapid eye movement, overreaction of the reflexes, rapid muscle contraction and relaxation in the ankle causing abnormal movements of the foot, clumsiness, restlessness, feeling drunk and dizzy, muscle contraction and relaxation in the jaw, sweating, intoxication, muscle twitching, rigidity, high body temperature, frequent mental status changes (including confusion and hypomania - a "happy drunk" state), shivering, diarrhea, loss of consciousness and death. - Erowid

4. isn't it from E and MAOI's though, and not SSRI's? I've found a lot of info about the bad combination of MAOI's and E, but not with SSRI's. SSRI's work compeltely differently so i know there isn't a corralation.

5. Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), TCAs, SSRIs, SNRIs, bupropion

^ All contribute to the syndrome.