proving parrallel universes wrong?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Cfitch, May 8, 2011.

1. I'm sitting here pretty buzzed ANC I got thinking..

If I build a room with nothing but a blue and red door in it and place an animal which can only see blue and is designed to walk to a door and open it surely in a parrallel universe it will always go to the same universe?

I'm sure I'm wrong in some way :).

2. I don't understand, the animal can't see red? Or is it gray to them?

3. #3 Cfitch, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    It can only see blue things.

4. If it can only see blue, then the blue door is the only thing in its sight, therefore it would obviously choose to investigate the blue door as it recognizes only blue.

5. #5 Cfitch, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Exactly that's what I'm saying so in a parrallel universe it would still only be able to go to the blue. Which means it wouldn't be parrallel.

6. It could only go to blue because it doesn't recognize any other choice, anything other than blue is outside of the animals perception. That wouldn't discount a parallel universe, it would just mean that the animal chooses the same universe every time due to its extremely narrow perception of sight.

7. I don't understand the question, I think I'm lost...

The color of the door does not create the door. The color is irrelevant unless the animal cannot see wood.

8. Okay.

There's a flat piece of land in the middle of no where, to the left is a wall and to the right is a wall an animal can only walk left.
    Surely in every universe it will walk left?

9. I think i understand.

[​IMG]

10. What if it's walking backwards?

Also, if it can only walk left then yes, it will only walk left. I still don't see the significance of this statement in relationship to parallel universes being proven wrong?

The term "parallel universe" as I understand it in your context, implies the decision made by the same animal varies - hence giving rise to variations in possibility and choice, aka parallel universes. But how is it parallel if the choice it makes is always consistent?