Providers fees in obtaining an MMJ card in Illinois... Legit?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by MiracleMari, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Recently made an appointment with a medical marijuana clinic in Chicago. Received an email, and wondered if anyone had insight into the expenses mentioned. Do they seem excessive? Does this seem legitimate?

"1. You are required by law to build a relationship with a doctor prior to being issued a recommendation or a card.
    >>
    >> What this means is we can't see you for the first time and issue a recommendation in the same day. We will see you at minimum 3 visits prior to signing off on your paperwork. Your first visit is considered to be "intake" and "consultation". At this appointment we will go over your medical history emphasizing your qualifying conditions. This visit will officially establish you as on of our patients. This visit is $80
    >>
    >> Your second visit will be the most expensive of the three costing $180. We will schedule this approximately 6-8 weeks after your initial consultation. This fee will cover your physical exam as well as the fees we pay to the state upon issuing a recommendation.
    >>
    >> On your 3rd visit we will get an update on your condition and hopefully sign off on your recommendation. (This depends on whether or not the state has released the paperwork yet). This visit is only $45.
    >>
    >> Once you receive your recommendation you will be required to see us twice a year. Your 6 month visit is $45. Every year you will be required to renew your card, again this is the $180 renewal/recommendation fee.
    >>
    >> 2. You will be required to go through a background check.
    >>
    >> By law you can not have drug related felonies on your record in order to obtain a card. This of course is loosely stated as there are exceptions to every rule. For more specifics on this please contact us directly.
    >>
    >> Once you have seen us for the second time we will either send you a letter via snail mail or give it to you at your visit. This letter has to be taken to your nearest state police department where they will run your background screening.
    >>
    >> Of course this seems like a hassle... but think about it this way. If we leave the background screening to the state, it will never get done.
    >>
    >> I am sure there are a thousand other questions you may have and we are here to answer all of them. Just give us a call and head toward a healthier life.
    >>
    >> As a final note, I want to share with you our money back guarantee. Should we sign off on your recommendation and the state deny it for any reason, we will refund your visits in full.
    >>

2. Do you have an ailment?

3. so i cant get it for anxiety, ive had tendonitis in my leg, several concussions from football. or wb overall pain. if not im leaving this state

4. Illinois is a joke man, I'm moving out on the 28th of Feb!