Prove me wrong Christian's

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Quanzy, May 27, 2011.

1. #1 Quanzy, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
    Christian was a term used first in Antioch to describe the followers of Jesus’ teachings. Christianity today has nothing at all to do with Jesus’ teaching and everything to do with the Apostle Paul’s teachings. The Apostle Paul was not a real Apostle and he was not converted to Christianity by an Apostle, in fact, he did not convert to Christianity until 3 years after the ascension and during those three years he was probably killing Christians. Somehow, the Apostle Paul without meeting Jesus, without being present at Pentecost and without discipleship from a disciple of Jesus, largely created Christianity.

Jesus would not go around today telling everyone that they need to believe that he died on the cross for their sins, he would not tell people they need to invite him into their hearts, he would not be telling people to repent or they are going to hell, and he certainly would not be telling people to believe in God or they are going to hell. Jesus only mentioned hell once and he was referring to a place outside the city where trash was thrown. Jesus would have taught to love your neighbor, to love your enemy, and to love God which is all of creation.

Perhaps Paul instead realized that he should not be killing innocent Christians, and it was his religion that drove him to kill Christians so his religion needed to change. He invented a divine encounter with God, as many others have done in history in order to get people to follow their ideas, such as Joseph Smith, Moses, and Mohammad, and he did all of this in order to gain more power that he had prior to his invention of a religion. It is always easy to create a new religion when the prevailing religion has become ridden with corruption and immoral activity.

When none of the Gospels were written by disciples, and more than likely none of the other books in the Bible were written by disciples either, it is hard enough to believe in the ideas of the Bible let along believe that the Bible is the Word of God. There is enough contradiction that it is easy enough to prove that the Bible cannot be 100% accurate, and since the ordering and book selection of the Bible was done by an Emperor and Catholic Bishops in 325, well after Jesus died, I think Christianity has drifted way further from the teachings of Jesus then Christians even realize. Modern Christianity is the religious following of the teachings of the Christian Killer and fake Apostle Paul in combination with the Augustinian philosophy and ideas from authors of Christian books who all have absolutely nothing to do with Jesus or his teachings.

Jesus fulfills no Old Testament prophecies, just ask the Orthodox Jews who know that book way better than Christians. Jesus was not born to a virgin, that’s why the virgin birth was left out in 2 gospels. Jesus was not the son of God, that’s why he didn’t say it except for in John’s Gospel. Since the Bible is clearly not the Word of God, and Paul was clearly not divine nor did he know Jesus, there is no reason to believe Christianity or the Bible more so than any other religion and religious book.

2. all beauty decays in time

3. yeah I would agree. Do you mean to say that Jesus' ideas were originally beautiful and time has decayed them? Certainly true, but its certainly true that ideas from other teachers throughout history and today are just as beautiful or perhaps even more beautiful than Jesus' teachings.

4. wall of text did not read. But whatever it is, I disagree if its against my beliefs as a catholic.

5. [​IMG]

But seriously, you hit it right on the head. I grew up jewish in a very christian town and i'd have fights about this shit all the time. Then i realized that, as a jew, I knew more and had done more research about christianity than they would ever know. But then I got thrown out of hebrew school for saying some of the same things. lol.

6. of course you didn't read it, you probably didn't read the Bible either and are just following some guy in some robes. definitely no reason whatsoever in the Bible to follow Catholicism... no where does it say to pray to saints, or who is allowed to be named a saint, or that a group of cardinals chooses a pope who is in direct contact with God. and the Bible does teach to follow the rules of law of the land, which most of the authority figures in the Catholic church have gone against by providing legal protection for those who have raped children.

read my wall of text or don't, but you should know you have been dooped... the Bible is not the word of God, and the guy in robes who teaches church on Sunday is no smarter than you and the rituals are all meaningless and created by man.

:) peace and love is all you need to know, be kind to one another... catholic preists fail to love a huge portion of the world, and they love little children way too much

7. hahah i can imagine how that would be for you being around Christians trying to explain Torah scriptures as prophecies that you knew were definitely not prophecies about Jesus if they were prophecies at all. Lol it would be like some Muslims telling Christians thats the New Testament has prophecies about Mohammad coming

8. catholicism= most fucked up version of christianity in a tie with mormanism.

9. #9 Postal Blowfish, May 27, 2011
    let some air into that post damn... put in some spaces or something. no one likes to read what looks like a monolith of text

good post otherwise, painful as it is to read

10. I think Evangelists have 'em all beast.

11. I think that Jesus is the son of God. I reckon there is one loving, omnipotent creator that sets ALL into motion and oversees everything. I was baked in the shower earlier and was pondering the idea why God loves us so much. We are peculiar creatures with the almighty FREE WILL. Choice. The choice to love God who has given you the gift of life and all of its enduring experiences. The game of overcoming obstacles and picking your self up. God loves it. God watches this and is intrigued. I think he knows all possible outcomes of EVERY choice we make in present life. But doesn't always make use of his mind reading ability. Oh His joy of watching us making moral decisions. As He is let down by our sins. We suprise him with our sins. As for Christianity being valid. Most certainly. Truth's universal, the old testament is topsy turvy, but it was addressed to those people during those eras and times. But it's kept to be appreciated and there are GREAT words of wisdom there. The NT has it dead on, it preaches selflessness, humility, and most of all: <3

No Legit Christianity is "religion" anyway. Religion is rules established by man. The bible is more like God saying "this is what holy men did in the histories, and you ought to heed my wisdom as I wish you to spend eternity with me as I love studying you, my child. Individual one of a kind mind." I'm certain God found a way to connect to other peoples on the other side of the world where Christianity or believers of the way (what Christian faith was called before Jesus) had not yet reached. Maybe some bhuddists and Hindus and druids went to heaven. Is God going to condemn a man for being thousands of miles away from Israel and not hearing the Word? Logically speaking....No. there's no sin where there's no knowledge of it. God is much more intelligent than us. And his fire and brimstone is coming back as we have fallen hard. So repent. P.S. if the universe is infinate then so are the possibilities. God made many beings on many planets and touched down on all of them and died for them. Maybe our solar system used to be full of life and humanoids but God punished them. Like pluto. It's just a ball of ice. Ya dig?

12. #12 BravoAlphaNiner, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2011
    Hi, I'm a dumbshit 13 year old who is going to make gross generalizations about people who belong to a certain religion. I just read a motivational poster about atheism and now think I am a king in regards to spirituality and philosophy.

Oh wait.... thats not me.

:cool:

Don't Have Anything to Contribute or Nice to Say...Why Post!!! **unoit**

13. I don't believe god is in heaven. I believe god is the universe itself, and we are jesus (earth/life). I think heaven and hell are for jesus (humans) to decide, and is here on Earth. This is just how I view christianity though. Thought you might give it a thought.. :)

14. #14 silversurfing, May 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    See I can't fancy myself a demi god like that. God is not an energy force he is a being with a conscience.

15. #15 Spiral Out KG, May 27, 2011
    I respect your faith.

16. #16 silversurfing, May 27, 2011
    That's an interesting thought. Critical thinking and meditation def burns calories which in turn creates energy. There a billion and one variables about WHAT IS GOD. have faith. I guess we will truly know when our shells are six feet deep

17. lol actually I would bet a lot of money that I am well smarter than you when it comes to religion and philosophy.. i am 21 as well, not quite 13. I am researched this shit for a very long time and I know what the fuck I am talking about. If you disagree then go ahead and try to debate like an adult instead of making dumbass sarcastic zings at my intelligence. I am not even an atheist, and if I have never even seen an atheist poster, I am going off of my thorough reading of the Bible and of books on Apologetics if you even know what that is.

18. :cool:

19. every time i read this threads title i see Troll Face at the end

20. #20 silversurfing, May 27, 2011
    See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. All you hear from this 21 year old (I'm 21 also) is "I I I I I!!!!" Which expresses resent and bitterness, above all: selfishness. We need to learn to bring it together. Start focusing on eachother, when everyone stops thinking about # 1 and starts to help one another, EVERYONE is helped and covered. LOGICAL? DUH. There is much diversity in unity. Your heart is hard and you ought to tackle a debate with a better attitude. I'm sorry for calling you out but if not anyone then who?