Prove God is Real

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by 513, Apr 14, 2010.

1. if you cant then he must not exist huh?
    I dont mean to be a troll
    I feel religion is an invisible product
    religion is FEAR!

2. What a persuasive argument...

How about letting people believe whatever they want as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others.

3. #3 stoner_lukas, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
    Can we prove the existence of extra dimensions? No, yet there are a staple of physics nowadays.

I get tired of the "if you can't prove there's a God then He doesn't exist" argument. It's built upon the faultiest reasoning possible. When we have discovered all things, every manner of animal and plant, every subatomic particle which makes up this world, every unknown force/natural phenomena/and the answer to every question plaguing science right now, then your argument will have some validity.

Until them, stop being a sheep and jumping on the "religion is evil" bandwagon that seems to be so popular today. Or learn to formulate a better argument.

4. Hey OP, prove it.

5. you know dude, most of the science that everyone takes as gospel, is all unproven theories. just to throw one thing out there. earthquakes and tectonic plates. as far as God goes, that's where faith comes into play brother!

6. A god maybe, a god that is anything like we could possibly imagine? Nope. :smoking:

7. did you really say earthquakes and tectonic plates are unproven theories?

this is why i dont like to get involved with religious debates.. lol.

typically unless you are a practicing member of it, organized religion doesn't make a whole lot of sense to those outside of it, and the practicers don't make sense when trying to defend it

8. earthquakes are real! no one has ever, or will ever, see a tectonic plate, it's a theory. probably true, but unproven.

9. I was pleasantly surprised at the reposes in this thread.

Smart cookies are a' posting.

10. thats a little bit more substantial than an invisible man in the sky that no one can see the work of, AT ALL. not even a little bit of evidence.

11. How so?

I see His work everywhere I look.

12. you cant prove or disprove god until your dead bruh then you arent going to tell anybody shit so i guess we'll all have to wait and see.
    me personally im not in any rush.

13. no, plate techtonics IS a proven theory. i see what you're saying though...

14. God is all around you, he presents himself to you every day and you, it appears, ignore him,
    I know it can be hard to see him, a darker thing presents itself as well.
    I see him, I speak with his angels and, wouldn't you know it, every person is a spiritual entity (the so called 'Physical Reality' being falsity).
    But coming to an internet forum to find proof, friend, is not the place to find it.
    You must *truly* look within yourself, and you must See outside of your Self.

15. This thread will be endless.

16. i dont have too :) thats the point
    if YOU cant prove he exists then he must not

and tectonic plates are proven, its just not a theory

anyway, watch this movie
    Religulous

17. #17 Tha Professor, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
    Prove that he's not real man, it's all the same argument.
    No one will convince one another other wise.

Why bother?
    Live and let live.
    :smoke:

Edit: Religulous doesn't exactly debunk religion though, throughout the entire film he just kind of calls all believers idiots.

18. Anyway, why don't you respond to some of the posts with more substance in this thread? They all bring up valid points.

19. this is the only valid post so far..

what gives you this divine right to "speak to angels" if God is a loving and omnipresent creator, he wouldnt have given just you this right.
    I mean i tripped on dph and was talking to people that werent there last night, but they werent angels lol..

20. lukas, not to be harsh, but don't waste your time.
    He links "Religulous" as his proof. Really?
    I'm gunna wager a guess that he just smoked, watched Religulous, and since he was already either an atheist or an anti-theist and it was his first time watching the movie, he just went bonkers, and had to share his amazing insight that he had disproven the existance of God with the rest of humanity.