Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Proto Pipe...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Fat_Umpalumpa, Aug 25, 2006.

1. im wanting to clean this and smoke the residue inside it... but im not sure how... is there a way or is it stuck there forever? :(

2. If it's a genuine proto pipe, it should have come with instructions. Here they are, anyway.

First, make note of the dots on the bottom of the pipe. Shove the poker through the middle hole in the bowl to push out the resin trap. This might be difficult. Hint: put it through the hole, turn it upside down, and whack the poker on a table until the trap come out. Now, scrape off all you can see with the poker. You can try to scrape some out of the stem by shoving a piece of paper through the it with the poker. This can be tough, sometimes.

Replacing the trap: make sure that the dots line up the same way as how they were before you removed the trap. Make sure the poker is out, then put the trap back. Replace poker, smoke resin.

I hope that helped.

3. Take 99% isopropyl alcohol and salt in a plastic bag. Toss the pipe in, seal it, and shake it.

4. I just grab a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alchohol, and run the wet tip across the inside of the bowl, and through the bottom of the trap. You'll see the residue build up: That's when you grab the resin and roll it in a little ball :)

5. you REALLY wanna know how to clean that thing? ive owned 2........ trust me... your stuck, unless your down for a little sado masachism... LOL get a torch... and heat that disc up... i mean that things gonna be smoldering lol then it should pop out REAL nicely... trust me... done it a million times... soaks will work, but they take forever.... heat melts the resin and makes it liquidate so it will actually LUBRICATE it on the way out... assuming you do it right lol oh, and as a side note... wear gloves... or hold the thing with a towel, otherwise, your not gonna be smokin anything for a while, seeing as how your going to burn the fingerprints off your lighter thumb LOL good luck!